• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daystate .22 Bleu Wolf HP - Extreme Accuracy - check!

UPS brown truck just left, now drinking first morning coffee with my new best friend . 

What a beauty 😊

1588057103_12730041345ea7d40f0dcc65.74601897.jpg

Beautiful rifle Mike and it's in the right shooters hands. When I had my RW HP I was shooting the 25 grain monsters between 1020-1000fps accurately for approximately 20 shots...that was filled to 250 and refilled at 200 bar. I think you made a wise choice between this and the DW. Definitely like the looks of the RW way better than DW and that Blue laminate you got rocks! 

Sincerely

KeithWalters

Looking good. When I called AOA about purchasing a 177HP, they also offered me the Safari version in the Blue Laminate,, for a $200 discount on the Safari price. He then checked stock and realized he didn't have any right now. So if anyone else is considering that, it sounds like something that they are offering. After watching you shoot that .30 RW a while back, I assumed you might go with that one. I see why you might not having that nice race between the different power levels.

Hi CC, some great groups and by far my favorite colour personally is the blue!

Can I ask directly, or through Bobby answering?, what exactly does waxing the barrel after polishing involve (or what is the entire polishing process) and I presume you mean you replaced the breech O ring with a higher shore?

Can you post a pic of the bedding in the stock please? I presume you are meaning a similar process to bedding a centerfire rifle without a recoil lug?

I am always interested in experts tuning using the programmer, does Bobby alter the pulse and bit values to achieve this and respective voltage or just the pulse lengths?

Lastly if you are shooting roughly from 250 down to 205 bar and getting an ES of 10FPS when does the low pressure warning on the gun come on? or have you not shot it lower than that point to check the ES over a longer shot string?

(Obviously if Bobby does not want to share his tuning tips I totally understand).

Great post by the way and good luck with the gun at EBR!

Mark, thanks! I'll be shooting RMAC and EBR again this year, not sure about PAC. To answer your questions... Or not, since I'm not sure on some....

Polishing the barrel yes, I do this with JB Bore Paste. As far as waxing, I don't know and have never done that. There have been some recent topics here on AGN about that...

O-rings, not sure exactly. I think he went with Viton75 on most, but possibly Polyurethane on a couple. I normally use Viton75 to replace Buna-N70 on my guns...

The bedding is done right at the area above where the fill port is, and where the neck of the bottle attaches to the action. Not sure what the material is, but its pretty hard and makes that area of the gun sit flush with the stock so there is no play at that point... Photo below:

Don't have a clue about the programming, and don't have a programmer. I'll probably end up going with a HeliBoard, since there are more tuning options and it can be done while the gun is in the stock with the trigger (like shifting power levels). They are not available now because Greece can't ship international while this Covid-19 is going on...

I have no idea when the low pressure light comes on, but I've had it to 185 bar and didn't get the light, so less than that. The speed drops off gradually at less than 205 bar, enough so that when under 200 I notice a drop in POI at 100 yards.

1588090302_7161679225ea855bef3fda4.08481027.jpeg

Lots of questions , Mark. 

The factory programming was very good on mid, at least to the 200 bar area, so in the interest of not f##ing it up, didn't change anything there. I lowered the voltage on pl 3 to bring his velocity down to the appropriate velocity region for 18.1s and made some small changes in pulse to extend the pressure range some. The polishing process is tapering the leade some, rounding the leading edge of the transfer port and using JB Bore paste and Bore Bright to blend and polish the bore. The wax is Mother's Carnauba with no polishing agents(important ), applied and buffed 3 times as discussed in a couple of other threads. If you go to the Meguiars web site, they have a very interesting blog on Carnauba wax ..... very worth reading . The orings are the best I could find to extend the time between replacements and are a blend of Viton 75D and 90D for static ones, depending on the pressure , and cast polyurethane for the valve stem. There is a plan to get some 70D cast poly for the breech, but will have to be tooled up, so Viton 75 for now. It's been excellent for me, anyway .

I've worked with a couple of others where we have helped each other to find all that we can do to make this platform as perfect and durable as possible. It was at a point for me initially that I couldn't shoot 75 shots (EBR 50 yard minimum ) without a degradation in accuracy because of leading and last year blew a valve stem seal on the first event. Even though it still shot okay, nowhere near as good as going into the event. The others have similar experiences. Not the best preparation on my part, anyway. I had just been shooting it a TON and tuning to find where it was good.

There may be other methods for getting there, but this is how it's developed for us. I DID NOT want Centercut to have to go through those same things.

An interesting side note is HOW GOOD the Bleu Wolf seems like it wants to shoot the Beasts, but has those danged fliers. Something else to figure out.....

Bob

UPS brown truck just left, now drinking first morning coffee with my new best friend . 

What a beauty 😊

1588057103_12730041345ea7d40f0dcc65.74601897.jpg

Centercut:

Come on man!...Do you drink coffee with milk????? Please don't tell me that you also add sugar! ..Just kidding! 😁

I just found this post of yours and another one very similar by Frank very interesting and illustrating, I'm old school and probably will not get into mixing electronics/guns but I am very interested in following their performance and in learning what is going on...In the past when I was into ISSF air pistol back in the 80's I had a FWB 65 and then got the electronic trigger version (FWB 90 - used a 15V battery)...There is nothing like an electronic trigger (regulations allowing), but that is as far as I have mixed electricity with guns! 😂

You and Frank please keep us posted with your findings, I am of course NOT asking for your secrets or know hows, I am just interested in your general findings, pros and cons, performance ("Realistic a la Centercut" please, NOT the DAILY .250" groups at 500 yards that are shot with keyboards and posted in this and other forums as you and I have discussed)

You guys keep up the good work and the good shooting!

Take care,

AZ

Lots of questions , Mark. 

The factory programming was very good on mid, at least to the 200 bar area, so in the interest of not f##ing it up, didn't change anything there. I lowered the voltage on pl 3 to bring his velocity down to the appropriate velocity region for 18.1s and made some small changes in pulse to extend the pressure range some. The polishing process is tapering the leade some, rounding the leading edge of the transfer port and using JB Bore paste and Bore Bright to blend and polish the bore. The wax is Mother's Carnauba with no polishing agents(important ), applied and buffed 3 times as discussed in a couple of other threads. If you go to the Meguiars web site, they have a very interesting blog on Carnauba wax ..... very worth reading . The orings are the best I could find to extend the time between replacements and are a blend of Viton 75D and 90D for static ones, depending on the pressure , and cast polyurethane for the valve stem. There is a plan to get some 70D cast poly for the breech, but will have to be tooled up, so Viton 75 for now. It's been excellent for me, anyway .

I've worked with a couple of others where we have helped each other to find all that we can do to make this platform as perfect and durable as possible. It was at a point for me initially that I couldn't shoot 75 shots (EBR 50 yard minimum ) without a degradation in accuracy because of leading and last year blew a valve stem seal on the first event. Even though it still shot okay, nowhere near as good as going into the event. The others have similar experiences. Not the best preparation on my part, anyway. I had just been shooting it a TON and tuning to find where it was good.

There may be other methods for getting there, but this is how it's developed for us. I DID NOT want Centercut to have to go through those same things.

An interesting side note is HOW GOOD the Bleu Wolf seems like it wants to shoot the Beasts, but has those danged fliers. Something else to figure out.....

Bob

Hi Bob, I really appreciate the time you took to give that comprehensive reply, I will post some of my thoughts tommorrow as it's getting danged late here!

It's similar to marine-Tex so that should work but be VERY careful not to glue your action to the stock. I put several layers of wax and still just lucked out on my first one.... I pulled it out while the epoxy was still very slightly green and it would have been STUCK if I didn't. The idea is to give the breech block 2 or more GOOD points of support.

Bob