Daystate 110v Compressor

All LC-110's will steam out of the intake filter after an extended run. Mine does for about 30 seconds after a 30 minute top off. Check out Jared Clark's Airguns of Arizona's LC110 video on Youtube at the 12:02 mark you can see it. He explains that this is normal. All high pressure, high speed compressors discharge a slightly oily water vapor mist from the moisture separator dump valve. It's not an indicator of a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMfRzt5Imjg&t=746s

I just did my 5 hr oil change. I have experienced no problems save for the gauge puking out all its fluid. I'm not yet sure what that's all about and it concerns me a little bit.

It does have a bit of a rattle sound, but I'm unable to sort out where it comes from, and it doesn't affect the operation.

Check that thin / shiny little guard plate insert. That was the source of most of my rattling. That also sucks about your gauge! My gauge is very far off the mark, like it reads 300bar too low. I should probably try taking it off and re-installing it, but don't suspect that will remedy the issue.

I need to sit back down with my compressor and do a final assessment - the original pump that was sent in this second compressor that I purchased appears to work now. I have no plans to use the pump with the bad paint, I think I'll be good with just a replacement gauge now.

Yep - belt guard cage rattle -- same location here. I'm very pleased to hear the good news mtnGhost!

Thanks! A lot of undue stress getting to this point though, obviously. I am still not positive on why it wasn't working right initially, the alignment between the pulleys was definitely off when it was delivered, so perhaps that was the fix that was required. As far as this gauge is concerned, I'm totally puzzled. 

One other thing to add, I'm storing mine in a covered box with a couple of those DampRid buckets to keep it drier. The moisture in my house can get upwards of 35-40% .. I have a lizard that I let free roam, so I monitor the levels frequently (if it's too humid, I put him back in his terrarium). I don't like rust, so this stuff should help.

17 90 cu-in bottle fill/top-offs from ~3200 PSI in and just had to add a little bit of oil as the dip was reading about 20% above the low mark. About 170m total runtime; almost at the 3 hr mark. Oil discharge is still clear with some mild amounts of oil (normal). Rattling seems to have settled down I assume the belt is starting to wear in now. No leaks, no rust, no issues. 

Yep - belt guard cage rattle -- same location here. I'm very pleased to hear the good news mtnGhost!

Thanks! A lot of undue stress getting to this point though, obviously. I am still not positive on why it wasn't working right initially, the alignment between the pulleys was definitely off when it was delivered, so perhaps that was the fix that was required. As far as this gauge is concerned, I'm totally puzzled. 

One other thing to add, I'm storing mine in a covered box with a couple of those DampRid buckets to keep it drier. The moisture in my house can get upwards of 35-40% .. I have a lizard that I let free roam, so I monitor the levels frequently (if it's too humid, I put him back in his terrarium). I don't like rust, so this stuff should help.

MTGhost so it sounds like your sticking with the daystate?

it frustrating to see all the problems with all these air compressors..and what you had to go thru with 2 differant daystates..I'm in need and my foot still on the brake pedal..

the only compressior that I see as worth it is the low running RPM of the Alkin mariner 31..@ $3000 my foot is starting to let go of the brake pedal..this forum has been a good source of info ..but confusing at the same time.

Reactions: mtnGhost
@tibor - I can absolutely identify with your situation. Although I do not feel great about saying this, I am going to keep this compressor since it works now (I really need a gauge that functions properly though, but I'll square that away with AoA very soon).

I appreciate the sympathy too, I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone else. 

Just finished setting up my LC110, I have had it a while, but was fortunate for some reason mine was shipped with a Coltri secondary filter I checked with the vendor and was told I was shipped all the correct items although I could not use the filter as it had foster connections. Well looking at what was supplied for the price of the standard compressor I also received a filter worth $260-300. Looking at this thread and searching for parts I added a few connectors, I tried to put the filter in the center, but with my bleed valve there was little clearance, I therefore opted to put it on the end next to the motor, here are some pictures of my installation.

1561319342_4772701945d0fd7aea762d4.63400208_Filter_parts.jpg
1561319430_599777935d0fd806ec3f09.26860097_Filter_installed.jpg

Filled the oil and ran for 2-3 minutes to test everything with a dead head in, no leaks allowed the pressure release to activate (mine is not one with the automatic cut-off that's being shipped now), I then released the pressure using both bleeds everything worked as planned.

Then I got my Air Venturi 74Cft tank it was down to about 200 Bar, hooked it up, started the compressor, closed the first bleed, then the second bleed, let the pressure build to 200 Bar, opened the tank valve, 7 minutes into the fill I bled both valves, first one under the gauge had some moisture, valve under the filter appeared to have no moisture, Second bleed after another 7 minutes, at 310 Bar I closed the tank valve, started a slow bleed at the valve nearest to the gauge, then a slow bleed at the filter, as the pressure dropped opened each more until it was at zero, disconnected the Foster link, ran the compressor for 3-5 minutes to cool down.

So far one tank filled and I am pleased with my purchase.

Steve.

@steveno - that'll work! :) I now have two Coltri tubes and I have my setup configured with both filters / moisture separators in the output circuit, with a Fosters WD female on the end. It wasn't fun taking out the DIN from my great white, and then having to connect the male DIN from the filter to my tank each time. I'd have to use Teflon tape each time, and it was an aggravating setup.