Daystate 110v Compressor

Arrived today and I'm filling tanks like a mad women!

1557766812_9300149565cd9a29c4488d4.32512391_20190513_113457.jpg

Ok sooooooo, after filling my large storage tank I filled a 30min, and a 45min scba tanks from around 3500psi to ~4500. I then refilled the storage tank in about 30 mins.

As soon as I find the male/male adapter I've misplaced, I'll time filling the 30, 45, and 60 min tanks directly.

Also, filling the storage tank from 3500 to 4500 took 1.5 hrs. Much faster than I anticipated.

No more loading that heavy tank and driving 30 to 45 mins to get to the paintball store. WhooHoo!

Ok sooooooo, after filling my large storage tank I filled a 30min, and a 45min scba tanks from around 3500psi to ~4500. I then refilled the storage tank in about 30 mins.

As soon as I find the male/male adapter I've misplaced, I'll time filling the 30, 45, and 60 min tanks directly.

Also, filling the storage tank from 3500 to 4500 took 1.5 hrs. Much faster than I anticipated.

No more loading that heavy tank and driving 30 to 45 mins to get to the paintball store. WhooHoo!

Wicked freakin awesome, Val! Glad you’re loving it... I pinch myself every time I top off my tanks! Money well spent!!!

Man, how freaking disappointing and frustrating! Hey in your video what's that brown stuff on the cylinder -- I assume just dirt and not rust?

Looks like a gasket seal issue during 2nd stage compression -- I'm looking at the manual and I can't find the torque settings. I was thinking maybe it's a bolt torque issue and not a gasket issue? Check the torque on all the bolts on the 2nd stage cylinder head?

Hope AGD/Daystate makes it right for you either way

how does oil from the crank case get past piston rings to the head gasket?

is it crank case oil ?

is possible it was spilled on to the machine? the vibration of the compressor running will make it appear as if bubbling

these are just thoughts that flow through the vacuum of inner space. it would be nice if you did NOT have to send it back, separation is so 👎

Yeah, it's coming from right under the second stage heat dissipater. Even if it wasn't properly torqued (guessing 13-17ft lbs given that they're steel bolts going into aluminum) - it's contaminated now and would need to be resealed. 

I'm not going to touch anything until I hear back from AGD. Confidence level is low in being happy with the resolution.

Yeah, it's coming from right under the second stage heat dissipater. Even if it wasn't properly torqued (guessing 13-17ft lbs given that they're steel bolts going into aluminum) - it's contaminated now and would need to be resealed. 

I'm not going to touch anything until I hear back from AGD. Confidence level is low in being happy with the resolution.

I'd certainly give them a chance before saying confidence is low. As has been stated before, anything can fail and problems will occur with both the less expensive options and the "best" options. Irritating no doubt but if it is handled well it should be ok.

so whats next on your compressor list?

I had bought another one from AoA on recommendations from some others, which ALSO had problems. I set it up correctly, when I got to the point of filling my tank it, the pump started rattling violently right before the pump seized (while the electric motor was still taking power, but stalled in turning). 

Longer version short, AoA is sending me a replacement pump unit (due to arrive tomorrow). I have to swap it out, test it, and if all goes well - I'll send them the old unit back so they can tear it down and figure out what went wrong.

My replacement pump unit arrived. It was bubble wrapped and taped shut with Coltri labelled tape. 

The paint job SUCKS. It looks like it was wrapped it while it was still wet:

1559266342_2813809805cf084266cbba8.46504527_60262FBF-836B-40D8-91B0-3CBE5F121105.jpeg

1559266402_7094028965cf08462e6d122.16931942_30F02C09-D832-45F3-8BB0-CC32D6C0D72C.jpeg

Not real happy about that. If I decide on getting a big 472cu ft tank(s), I'm going to want to get a more industrial compressor, like a Bauer or an Airtex, which would extrapolate to selling this compressor to someone else. I can already imagine the low ball offers or PayPal dispute that could arise, if someone OCD bought it and nit picked at the shoddy paint. It doe

It doesn't look like $2000