Daystate 110v Compressor

Well after a second local fill shop suffered hardware failure filling my 97cu/ft tank, I decided that I needed more flexibility - so I ordered a Daystate compressor. I was looking at the Airtex45's, Bauer's, and Nardi's, and came to the conclusion that portability was a strong requirement. I'll have it mid-week next week from AGD.

That said, I want to hit the ground running. For those of you that have purchased one of these, are there any additional parts / filters that you'd recommend? I did notice already that the Coltri oil is marked up close to 200%, so I'm keen on what to use and where to buy.

Hopefully this will last a while. It looks simple enough to service, and I have fairly high expectations l.

Some type of air drying is probably indicated. The oil? A quart is going to last a while I don't think you'll use enough oil to NOT use the Colri product.

I have the same compressor. It's a good mid priced unit. Spending more isn't justified for one individual but I expect more. It's slower and noisier then it should be for the money (my opinion) , Of course reaching those pressures is doing something. SO long as it works and holds up. I've had mine about a year. Haven't had any problems.

+ 1 on the Daystate 110v. I've been running mine for 3 months with no issues. It comes with a quart of oil which is enough for three changes IIRC (initial + 2). That will last you for a long time. I found no additional moisture system is needed. This echoed the person who helped me with the purchase who said something along the lines of "unless you live in a rainforest you won't need an additional filter." So far so good - the freedom of a good compressor is a game changer overall. Good luck.

Welcome to the club -- I got my Daystate LC-110 from AoA -- you'll be *really* impressed by how it is packaged assuming they use the same method. It takes about 330 mL of oil -- I wasn't sure how to read the dipstick and the instructions weren't too clear. Reading the dip after the cap is snug shows the oil level just under maximum. Reading it with the dip cap centered but not snapped it shows it mid-way between low and high; good enough for me.

Break it in and after 5 hrs change the oil. I picked up another quart to minimize shipping costs for in the future. What they send in the box is more than enough for two oil changes and maybe three (I assume AoA and AGD ship the same stuff). Manual says every 50 hrs of use, AoA says ever 20 hours of use. I'm planning on using AoA's change schedule. The oil isn't that expensive. AoA sends a really nice instruction sheet -- run the compressor for 2 minutes with the bleed valve open, close it to fill, run it for another 2 minutes after filling with the bleed valve open. This is the fill procedure everytime.

I'm in the South East and I didn't have any issues with the factory oil/water separator. I'm getting dry air into the tank. Unbox it, put the top on the oil/water separator cylinder, connect up the pressure shut-off lead, fill it with oil, and away you go.

You mentioned portable, don't judge portability from the big, bulky, heavy shipping box. Once it's out of the box it's easy to heft around. It comes with a really nice manual with a clear service schedule to follow. The air intake before the air filter really creates a nice vacuum and draws air so if you're in a dusty place keep an eye on the filter.

From experience I've noticed that filling a cold freshly used tank can result in some shut-off valve knocking. If the tank is up to ambient this doesn't happen.

Reactions: mtnGhost
congrats..I'm next

meaning portability ..did you get the gas engine?

More of being able to easily move it around and/or transport it. I got the 110v electric version.

Thanks for all the feedback! I'm finding that I need to fill twice in a given week(end) now that I'm shooting a rifle greedy with air. This one looks fairly well made, and I'm pretty happy that it was in stock 😎 

I bought my 110V from AOA last May and couldn't be happier with it. This unit can be used to fill air breathing tanks with the additional filters. Thanks to us not needing them and Coltri working with Daystate we have lower price for a very good unit. It can be rebuilt and I know it will outlast me. I put one of Joe B's Alpha filter that I was using on my Shoebox on it to eliminate ALL moisture. I live in a very dry climate but I'm a nut about any moisture in my guns. Joe's filter is sweet but pricey. There is a copy out there of Joe's unit if you are so inclined. After watching Steve's video of the compressor and seeing the moisture he deals with in Florida I would add a little something just to be sure. Hard to measure what moisture is actually going into your gun. I vote for overkill and better safe than sorry. 

Cheers,Scott

filtertechs.com

CL-581815-LQ Seco Lube 500 Synthetic Oil 1 gallon Fits: CF-1000, Chemlube 751, Maxlube 501, Coltri CE 750, Bauer 1250, SL-800

$76.30 a gallon delivered.

They have the filter cartridges you need too.

Nice! That's $2/qt cheaper than I found so far 😎 

I was hoping moisture filtration was good out of the box, but I don't mind improving the rig if there's value in doing so.

I've been using a Daystate LC-110 for six months and after owning 5 previous compressors including a Bauer Utilus I finally feel like I have found the compressor that is the last one I'll ever buy. The Bauer was a great compressor but it required a 230 volt outlet and weighed 170 lbs. vs. 90 for the LC-110. The Bauer filled a tank faster but it was much louder running and 6 minutes vs. 20 minutes for a top off is no big deal to me. I was surprised to read Bubbleboy's post that his LC-110 is loud. Mine is very quiet running compared to other compressors and even compares favorably to an Alpha Carette which is also very quiet running.

I highly recommend the Tuxing cartridge gold filter as a high pressure filter. They can be found for $76-82 shipped from the U.S. when purchased from Aliexpress or Ebay. Mine has 6 hours of run time and the indicator beads in mine have not even begun to change color. You can choose to spend $300-400 for a higher priced filter but it won't keep your air any dryer than the Tuxing.

I was hoping moisture filtration was good out of the box, but I don't mind improving the rig if there's value in doing so.

It is -- I'm in Alabama, my house humidity is usually 55-60% inside. I have a dehumidifier in the basement which is where I run the LC-110. I think if you look at the filters, and think about CFM, and then look at the method of moisture removal in the filter you might find you don't actually need it. I would think where you would need it is if you need Grade D breathable air. The cost savings I believe we're seeing with the LC-110/MCH-3 over the Coltri MCH-6 is the reduction of filtering required for breathable air.

I think additional filtering is overkill -- this is a quality compressor intended for the PCP market adapted from a breathable air dive compressor. I imagine if Daystate believed we needed additional filtration they'd have implemented it. That said, I'm not against overkill, I'm actually a fan of it so if your budget permits and you like the idea of Grade D breathable air going into your airgun have at it :)

I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that I have a problem with my Daystate compressor. Loud? as compared to what and my complaints about being slow to fill again as compared to what. No way to compare so. I'm just suggesting that I expected (AND PERHAPS AND LIKELY SO UNREALISTICALLY) a little more.

It's like buying a car. Zero to sixty in six seconds used to be unbelievable. Now their doing it in under 4 maybe under 3. Who needs it under 20 when I comes down to it 

Don't pay any attention to me I'm just being picky.

If this thing holds together for 5 years or more without problems I'll be happy. The rest doesn't matter much.

I don't want to leave anyone with the impression that I have a problem with my Daystate compressor. Loud? as compared to what and my complaints about being slow to fill again as compared to what. No way to compare so. I'm just suggesting that I expected (AND PERHAPS AND LIKELY SO UNREALISTICALLY) a little more.

It's like buying a car. Zero to sixty in six seconds used to be unbelievable. Now their doing it in under 4 maybe under 3. Who needs it under 20 when I comes down to it 

Don't pay any attention to me I'm just being picky.

If this thing holds together for 5 years or more without problems I'll be happy. The rest doesn't matter much.

After a minor heart attack when (1) my order status with AGD couldn't be found and (2) I saw they were back ordered again, I guess I can look forward to hearing it Wednesday now that I just got tracking details 😎 

Pretty excited, all of the fill shops whose equipment still works give me that dreadful look when I walk in with my Great White tank now!