FWB Day out with the FWB Sport

Had a little free time today and decided to have some fun with my newer model Sport with a 4-12x50 Airmax. This gun has a pretty tame 11.8fpe FT tune. After reading some stuff somewhere else I think I'm going to re-tune this gun again and go with a short stroke setup. We'll see how that goes. Should be some fun experimenting though.

Ok so onto how she did. Range was 50yds with a slight breeze and but I had a small piece of orange tape down range to judge wind by a little. Groups 1 and 2 were guesses at holdover and I had the right idea by #3. Best group of the day was 0.36" while the worst groups were both 1.09". Average for the day was 0.76" for just under 1.5 MOA. I can live with that.

20240127_182928.jpg

Had a little free time today and decided to have some fun with my newer model Sport with a 4-12x50 Airmax. This gun has a pretty tame 11.8fpe FT tune. After reading some stuff somewhere else I think I'm going to re-tune this gun again and go with a short stroke setup. We'll see how that goes. Should be some fun experimenting though.

Ok so onto how she did. Range was 50yds with a slight breeze and but I had a small piece of orange tape down range to judge wind by a little. Groups 1 and 2 were guesses at holdover and I had the right idea by #3. Best group of the day was 0.36" while the worst groups were both 1.09". Average for the day was 0.76" for just under 1.5 MOA. I can live with that.

View attachment 429568
.360 is good at 50 yards with a piston gun.