• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Day 5 - INDOOR SHOOTING RANGE

That is really taking shape guys ! Not sure what lighting you decided on at the targets but maybe a 4ft. light on the ceiling at a 45 degrees about 20 ft. back might help out some . White walls by the target would help out a lot also but you probably have a better solution . Chuck who are your other two friends in the pictures beside Michael ? BTW you might need some sunscreen fabric at the end , hung like a shower curtain to block some of that glare when the sun is just right . Can't wait to see the finished product , very very nice and a lot of hard work ,you have some good friends ! Darell

BD6D663D-C94C-4226-9352-48B1CD4B510A.1639712749.jpeg
Introducing the people why didn’t I think about that? The guy with the beard is Rick Carlo who is a master craftsman. I’ve known him for years & years. He also built my leather shop and our home at Rockport TX. The other nice looking guy is John Sivek. He is the son of a business partner of mine. I’ve cost the boys a lot of money because I introduced them to the Airgun sport. If you go back a few pics you will see Michael of Airgun Nation in one of the pictures. These boys have been dear friends for a long time. I could not have done this without them! Chuck

Well day 4 has come to an end. It hasn’t rained on us and for the most part it’s been relatively cool. I will say that while I’m tired, I feel much better than I did yesterday. Michael came over again today and helped us hang plywood. Now we just have a short punch list left. Rick wants to put a railing on the area above the range and we will install a handrail up the steps. We’ve had all the electricity working but we have to run the main supply from the breaker box on the north side of the building to the south side. We still have to install the door too. I plan to do some research on cameras and install them later. We did make the range hot tonight as we all shot our Airguns at some spinner targets. We installed to eyeball lights down low near the target and covered the backs with metal. They are painted red. How long will it be before someone shoots those?
D1A1D2D9-5F0C-4CB6-B9C2-E778C45A526D.1639715908.jpeg
81BF2F3B-5A36-4344-9765-33A590B372ED.1639715908.jpeg
75F9CDA7-A13D-4ADD-A634-0698789EE695.1639715909.jpeg

Day 5, Friday is gone. Today we finished decking on top of range and put up a rail around the edge. We also finished the stairs. I may not have made clear that I will be using the area above the range for storage. Door is also installed but no handle installed yet. I opened up the back door and can shoot 165 yds before the trees. I’m looking forward to using the range but I need to rest up a bit too. 
3DD19C2E-1D1E-4784-B898-B61C50C22B2B.1639794232.jpeg
E1D7B7E4-44FB-4E58-BB03-34FE4BC1507F.1639794233.jpeg
8EA84A6D-4F23-47EB-9F11-082AADFF7218.1639794235.jpeg

Chuck—I had a great time helping you and Rick. I look forward to shooting more with you and doing some contests next year. Thank you for all your help all the time also. The range came out awesome!!

Micheal—Thank you for your help and sorry about your head. I hope the “bump” is healing!! I look forward to shooting with you soon.

John 

Ventilation mainly is for air to move and not remain stagnant, which leads to smells, moisture collection and what not. Anytime you add an air handling device it’s good to have some way to get you air changes, and ventilation is a good inexpensive way to assure it.

yes this, but i was thinking of tiny lead particles that might become airborne and you don't want to breath that in.

maybe think about getting a roomba or whatever they call them to run when nobody is in the range, or some grate matting near the target so you aren't picking up as much lead on your shoes.

Chuck,

You have been talking about the indoor range for more than a couple of years. I remember, over 5 years ago, when we stood in your newly built metal building and you said you wanted to build an indoor shooting range. Not knowing where or how big to make it, we laid out various scenarios on the floor, stretching out a garden hose to outline where the walls would go.

Well, I am tickled pink, to see that you finally got to build your dream, and moreover, it’s almost exactly as originally laid it out, It is incredible. Congratulations!

Sure wish I didn’t move out of state and could of helped you in building your dream.

. . . . . . . . Bob. (Mr. Gadgets)