David and Goliath

Well much is said about the tx200 and all of it true. Many appreciate the HW50 but many deride it especially in the UK. But where it really matters Check out the groups. Rubbish distance but its all I have in the Garden.
48977D6F-50A1-4869-8691-A0B7DF69251C.jpeg
F8AA2736-A6E0-47ED-B265-BDE6E3AB4F7A.jpeg
8581F9AC-43A1-49F6-95D2-9C79EB000518.jpeg
878559FF-6A9C-48FC-964D-7771EF3DE0CB.jpeg

Great shooting! The HW50 is a awesome little rifle but if your custom stock adds more mass than the original then it is not surprising that it is performing so well. The TX200 in its OEM form has a heavier piston than the HW50 so you would also experience an improvement in its groups if you put on a more massive stock. The reduction in vibration is key and the better grip is probably good too.

Anyways, glad you’ve got such a nice shooter!

-Marty

Edit: Pete, seeing that you are in the UK and that many folks shoot sub12 there, is there any reason why more guys aren’t modifying the HW50 like you did?

Last edited:
Reactions: Deerstalker
Great shooting! The HW50 is a awesome little rifle but if your custom stock adds more mass than the original then it is not surprising that it is performing so well. The TX200 in its OEM form has a heavier piston than the HW50 so you would also experience an improvement in its groups if you put on a more massive stock. The reduction in vibration is key and the better grip is probably good too.

Anyways, glad you’ve got such a nice shooter!

-Marty

Edit: Pete, seeing that you are in the UK and that many folks shoot sub12 there, is there any reason why more guys aren’t modifying the HW50 like you did?
Well with a scope I try for 10.5ftlbs. With opens (diopter) I go for 9ftlbs. I suppose the answer to your question is that if you are stuck with a measley 12ftlbs you like to make the most of it. For myself I much prefer the guns running sweet than going for the most power.

Nice groups , but i guess being a poor guy from the south in the usa im not grasping the storyline. 🥴
Well the story Line is the tx200 is very well admired and liked in the UK. The 99 is not. Some appreciate it despite the gauling and fix it. Others say its not fit for purpose and despise it.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
Well the story Line is the tx200 is very well admired and liked in the UK. The 99 is not. Some appreciate it despite the gauling and fix it. Others say its not fit for purpose and despise it.
Lol.. i also thought being the tx is uk made helps it be more local fan favorite over the german made..🤔.

Reactions: Farmplinker2
Lol.. i also thought being the tx is uk made helps it be more local fan favorite over the german made..🤔.
Well I have never even considered that. I dont really think so. This well built thing is ok but the bottom line is how well you can hit things and which is the most pleasurable to use. One thing about the tx is that pinch required to seperate the underlever from the barrel. Its not exactly painful but its not far off. Also is there anybody that owns a tx without o rings in place of that ridiculous tiny rubber buffer.