• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daughter jammed 8 pellets in my Woodwalker.

I still have no idea how she did it, but my daughter managed to jam 8 pellets in the barrel of my Woodwalker. We had gone down to turtle pop with the Woodwalker and my new .25cal Flash. She started shooting and went to change mags and it hung up. I walked back from where I was sitting and looked at the gun. Had to tap on the mag to get it out. There was one pellet at the back and one half in and half out of the mag. Got them out and thought I had cleared everything but the bolt would not close. When I finally made it back home last night I ran a rod down the barrel to tap the pellet out. 8 total pellets came out the back with a very gentle push. I put a loaded mag in the gun and walked outside and emptied the mag with no problems. My question is: how did she manage to get all them in there?

Bad thing also is, she liked the “Flash” so much she is trying to claim it has hers now!!! Might have to get one for her but in .22cal when they get the mag problems worked out.

I noticed with my Mrod its pretty easy. you dont have to bring to bolt all the way back to cycle the mag, Ive accidently double loaded mine. I have an old mag the spring must be wearing out cus ive watched it cycle twice with one pull of the bolt, its like it will over cycle and i end up with half full mag every other spot like only lines up on evens

That's cool you got your daughter to shoot with you. Fun way to spend time together! 

She will shoot and hunt anything with me. She has deer hunted with me since she was about 5yrs old and she is 19 now. She still believes hunting deer with a rifle is cheating and will only bow hunt them. Pigs will be hunted any way she can. She has shot and knifed them with bay dogs. It I let her she would chase them down in a truck and run over them. I have to remind her I can’t afford that many trucks. LOL.

I had a similar thing happen with my Impact .30 after loading a new mag. It must not have been fully seated and each time I tried to close the lever it was pushing yet another pellet in. It was at this time that I went to my local lumber retailer and bought a 3' long 1/4" dowel. Took the barrel out and it was easy peasy to get the row of pellets out. Since then I've been more cautious about loading the mag and also don't try to jam the first pellet in. 

You teach your kid to shoot turtles for target practice?

yes. They eat the fish that we keep stocked and baby ducks my mom keeps down there. We only keep them in check. This is a 2 acre pond on 800 acres. This is the only pond that is kept stocked. It’s easy for my mom to get down to it in her bad health. She like to fish some and it’s her daily walk. She use to be the one who did the turtle culling.

The easiest way for this to happen with a Benjamin is pulling the bolt back, but not quite far enough to latch. Repeating this loads multiple pellets.

My youngest had this issue when he started shooting my 22 Marauder,would get 2-3 pellets Jammed in the breach/barrel and I would have to knock them out with a cleaning rod being O so carfull, he wasn’t pulling the bolt that extra 1/4 inch all the way back and that caused it to feed multiple pellets. He has learned since then and yes it is frustrating.