Database of dead Shoeboxs and parts?

I picked up a used Shoebox F10 a couple of years ago and it's been great. I really love it. It's truly perfect for my needs.

BUT... as we all know they're no longer supported and I truly hope to keep mine ticking as long as possible. I'd love to start a database of dead shoebox compressors sitting on people's shelves; the model, what functional parts might be available in it, and a contact method to enable folks to reach each other.

To this end, can I get input from folks on what information this database should contain?

Here's my starting point of what data would be essential.

My hope is that we can build a "database" of parts from shoeboxes that are currently paperweights that current owners could pick from to keep their models going.

Thoughts? Comments? 

I picked up a used Shoebox F10 a couple of years ago and it's been great. I really love it. It's truly perfect for my needs.

BUT... as we all know they're no longer supported and I truly hope to keep mine ticking as long as possible. To this point, I'd love to start a database of dead shoebox compressors; the model, what functional parts might be available in it, and a contact method to enable folks to reach each other.

To this end, can I get input from folks on what information this database should contain?

Here's my starting point of what data would be essential.

My hope is that we can build a "database" of parts from shoeboxes that are currently paperweights that current owners could pick from to keep their models going.

Thoughts? Comments? 

What a brilliant idea!! 

I like idea all for it. If we the same on orings and such would be a big help also

I stumbled on this GTA post which also listed the o-ring sizes:

https://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/index.php?topic=178758

And just in case the photo gets lost on GTA, here is is again:

shoebox orings.1602176877.jpeg

My F10 has been solid running for over 2 years now. I'd bet I've got close to 400 hours on it. Since I got one of those vibration hour meters I've already put 70 hours on it and that was only earlier this summer. Other than proactive maintenance I don't think the hours on the Shoebox can be related to faster filling compressors that have more heat and wear and tear to deal with. 

Yeah, I'm getting the impression that creating a "pick and pull" list or database probably isn't worth the effort. I guess we'll just post a WTB when we need to source parts for our own compressors! And you're 100% correct about the count of hours. I'm at about 1h 45m per top off of my tank. Slow? Yup. But I'm happy to wait for it given the low maintenance.

My F10 also ran over 2 years, then the upper cylinder started leaking.

It was my 3 rd Shoebox, I had 3 or 4 kits, a spare belt etc, so no big deal.

It was a big deal, the cylinder Was frozen in the tower, cylinder Ferrari’s froze inside the cylinder, Ferrell seem to be press fit in as new Ferrell are too large to go in as they did in my original run of Shoebox’s and F8 did. I ran it cool, with an 12 inch fan, checked temps with a laser thermometer and lubed often.

IThe cylinder and tower are trash now.

I have rebuilt my Shoeboxes sooooo many times over the years, but never experienced this type of problem. Early on with the first run sb’s, I had a seize up event and Tom requested I send it back, he fixed it for free.

My F10 upper cylinder seems to be built different at the piston end plug, I think the end plugs were metal and retained the Ferrells, but now it is a mute point, it is dead.

As a result, I I have a few parts, motor, switches, rebuild kits, two belts, but I am not sending anything until the virus is over. In the mean time, I have a a new China hand pump and Hatsan Spark coming.
I bought the Spark and 12 volt power supply online from Walmart, then I got a 3 year replacement plan to buy another after it fails one day after warrantee is up.

Originally, I preordered a AV 4500 from PA, but canceled it after reading about the oily smell and not wanting to ship it across ed the country if it and when fails. Shooting at home, 71 years of age, living in Oregon, being too blind to drive, how would I ship it back when it needs rebuilt or breaks? I figured I may end up with 2 or 3 Sparks to keep one running, knowing I can’t fill bottles with it, but perhaps if I had two maybe I will try cascading them to fill my tank.

Regards,

Roachcreek