• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

DAR Gen lll

Did you verify 167 v 250? That's kind of a big typo for DAR. Is there a plenum taking up the additional space?

The 167cc reservoir is based on the actual tube ID and length. I think Dana had arrived at a very similar number reported in his video.

The plenum on my .25 cal measured approximately 25cc.

These two volumes are distinctly separate...meaning not simply a single long tube with a plenum spacer.

Understood. 

Looks like no .177cal? Hope they didn't drop the .177 cal. I have a gen2 .177 and it's a great shooting rifle and very quiet. Went to the site to order a gen 3 but only 22 and 25 listed :(

In conversation with Joe, the .177 barrels were problematic at best. It took 3 barrels to finally get my Gen 2 .177 to shoot a half decent group and that is with only a single pellet, the RWS Meisterkugeln. 

My .22 shoots hole in hole at 30-50' and 0.30" at 50y with zero wind. The .25 piles up pellets at 50y but I have not measured the group, It's for hunting so I just shoot steel set at different distances for my dope card. 

I also modified the stock on one to better suit my grip and have changed all three regulators to suit the FPE I was after. I expect that the Gen 3 will be just as easy to modify and with the larger plenum, I am hoping I can squeeze even more power from the .25 for my 46gr slugs. 

Stock.1649340484.jpg

I must have just been lucky with my .177 barrel. Its the first one I received and a tack driver out the box! At 30yrds just stacks one on top the other. I gone through a few different 177 rifles since I got my Dar but still have the Dar! :)

I Took the D3 in .25 out yesterday after work in 15-20 mph winds to see how the NOE 249-39-RF-E6 slugs would perform in heavy, gusty winds. Much to my surprise, they only drifted 2" at 100 yards. The 25gr Kings I shot last weekend would drift 6-8" with only a 4mph breeze. 

I guess I wasn't expecting such strong resistance from deviation. 

I was also amazed at the accuracy and while there were no MOA groups, the slugs held the same pattern and spread they had at 50 yards all the way out to 100 yards. Yes, the groups were bigger but very much in relation to the distance. 

At 50 yards, I was getting 1" plus groups and at 100 yards the groups opened up to 3". Time for some barrel work, polish the crown, polish the bore and lead. some as well. 

So far I'm digging my DAR in .22

Well balanced feel to them, I may have to grab a 25 caliber. Mine is doing 30 shots at 32 fpe with just a turn of the hammer spring from what it came set at. I need to get some groups, but its been raining all week here. Today is nice but unfortunately won't have the chance til the weekend.

The .25 has been a very good shooter for me, I added a Buck Rail LDC and that calmed it down to an noise level I think I would consider back yard friendly. I turned the hammer screw all the way in and ma getting 70 FPE with the NOE 39gr mold, I did shoot a 100y target with them but I just shot as they dropped and noticed stringing, meaning I need to weigh them for accuracy.

The JSB Kings 25.39gr, are 2 MOA at 100 yards and I am sure I can tighten that up to 1 MOA once I get JB and polish through the bore again and season the barrel. I do need to open it up and tweak the reg, 

So far I'm digging my DAR in .22

Well balanced feel to them, I may have to grab a 25 caliber. Mine is doing 30 shots at 32 fpe with just a turn of the hammer spring from what it came set at. I need to get some groups, but its been raining all week here. Today is nice but unfortunately won't have the chance til the weekend.

No love for my .22 so far, looks like I need to return it. 

I have the Dar gen 3 in .22 cal. I love the gun. I get 40 shots before she falls off the regulator! Just beware when putting the metal cap that covers the foster fitting, don’t over tighten because it comes in contact with the barrel band and will losen it! I had to recenter the barrel and use loctite on the screw in the barrel band after it loosened several times! Point of impact was all over the place! The gun loves cheap crossman 14.3 doom pellets and will do one hole groups at 50 yards. It will also shot slugs h/n slugs 21gr .218 sized with awesome accuracy.