Tuning DAR Gen II .22 Fill Probe Leak Issues

Got a DAR Gen II .22 rifle about 10 days ago and attempted to fill it to the recommended pressure with an Air Venturi G9 hand pump that I purchased a couple weeks previously. The hand pump held pressure fine when tested, but when I attached the DAR fill probe and attempted to pressurize the rifle, air was leaking from the quick disconnect fitting. Upon further inspection, the fill probe diameter is about a half mm smaller than the quick disconnect fitting on the port and will not seal properly. I did a quick fix by shoving a small O-ring on the end of the probe to seal it which worked temporarily; however, the O-ring got nicked and will probably not be a permanent solution. Thinking that I may have received an out-of-spec G9 pump, I exchanged that one for another, but have the same issue.

Is there any way to fix this with something like Teflon pipe thread tape on the fill probe, or should I look for some other brand of fill probe that may fit the DAR rifle - if one exists? If so, what brand of fill probe would work on this rifle other than the one supplied? Are there any other solutions/suggestions? Soon enough the DAR will run low on air and probably won't be much good unless I get close enough to my quarry to smack them with the rifle butt.

Thanks

This may or may not work but it’s easy to try. I expect the Air Venturi pump is made in China and as such probably uses metric O-rings exclusively. Try removing the O-ring that is inside its female Foster fitting and replace it with a -010 which is an imperial/inch size (AS568 being the technical classification). This size O-ring has a cross-section of 0.070” versus a metric M1.5 (0.059”). Thus it will take up precisely the half millimeter you measured and may help it seal properly straight away.