• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

DAR GEN 3 REGULATOR O RING KIT FOR REBUILD?

Anybody know where I can get a O ring kit for a DAR Gen 3 regulator rebuild?
From the vendor?

Otherwise, I'm not sure other than pull it out and take measurements and source them from McMaster.

I had a G3 for a few months and seen how horrible the parts sourcing was for the G1 and G2, I sold off the gun before I had issues. That and the fact I was getting only 30 shots on the regulator was disappointing. It was a nice rifle other than that.

Here's some pics to illustrate the built quality of the Dynamic Air Rifles / DAR regulator...

This comes straight out of a new DAR gen 3, from the factory, not messed with.

Besides the damaged o rings, the piston seat was 'polished' on what seems to be a buffing wheel before assembly.

So much for a nice straight flat top.

No wonder the regulator creeps to the point of Plenum pressure being HPA pressure no matter where you set the reg pressure at;

31570F27-6A1C-456C-9E25-B2626D99DBA2.jpeg
dar reg rough piston finishing.jpeg
dar reg rough piston finishing closeup (1).jpeg

Compared to a HUMA piston seal the DAR piston seat seal (white part in pics) is very thin, and the brass part in the pic (regulated pressure adjustment screw) has a ridge around the hole where the HP air enters the reg to promote sealing, but that ridge is so pronounced and the piston seal so thin that this ridge almost center punches a hole through the seat.

If Aimsports makes this right I'll update. In the meantime, anyone know of a tuners / machinist who can fabricate a replacement regulator seal?

Last edited:
Mine shot 14.3s at 960 fps for 30 shots and was a laser with them at 60 yards. Did better than with 18s, but I just knew there would end up being issues with them just like the G2 had. Once the vendor changed hands to other people, I folded on the gun and sold it. Had a smooth action, and was decently quiet without any extra moderators, just expected way more shots on the reg.