DAR .22 target practice

Finally got around to shooting my DAR since getting it back from warranty service. It had leaked and was clipping. So i filled it and let it set for two weeks.

Today I set up my bench with my Caldwell Fire Control front rest and set a target out at 30 yards. 

This is 5 shots at .25" CTC.

IMG_0695.1621134593.JPG

Based on the results I now need to set a target out a 50 yards and hoping I can hold a group together at .375" or so. I've done it once with my 850 HPA .177 shooting 8 shots but that rifle was very accurate with a LW barrel and had a home made air stripper fitted.

It still seems you get a lot of bang for your buck in those rifles. The Dar And the avenger are the two hottest selling lower priced Air rifles right now. By the time I was ready to buy a Dar They were out of stock. And I wouldn’t buy an avenger because of the faulty valve poppet in them. But I have heard that they have changed to a better material now.If that rifle would’ve been out back when I bought my Benjamin fortitude generation two, it would’ve been the Dar instead. The fortitude has been reliable but is just a little low on power because they have the regulator set low on it to get a better shot count. And the trigger is a little sucky too although I did smooth it out some. 

Both the DAR and the Avenger are very accurate. I've had my Avenger .22 for 6 months now with no leaks. But...I don't fill over 3600 PSI and have REG set at 2200 PSI.....I'm not sure of the poppet material and do not want to risk hot rodding it. I have one of the new poppets just in case from PA...same one as the Aspen.

LINK: https://www.pyramydair.com/product/seneca-aspen-firing-valve-complete?a=9593  On pre-order now.

IMG_0684.1621215948.JPG