• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning DAR .177

I've been enjoying my DAR but it's not without faults. Pellet clipping, loose wood stock, and cocking lever pin that kept coming loose. I've managed to stop the clipping pellets but this gun I feel has a barrel on the large bore size. The Crosman 10.5 pellets are like shooting a shotgun. The AA10.3 is so so. Now the JSB 8.44 4.53 gr are lights out at 25yards. I think I may need another barrel. From a 3000 fill, I shot the 10.3 an Av 887,es8, DV 2 and the Crosman 10.5, AV866, ES10, DV2. Any Ideas? I'm opened to advise
IMG_1862.1610918672.JPG

Not many barrels shoot every pellet you try with great precision. That’s why we all try a bunch of pellets to find what our gun likes. Yours appears to like 8.44’s that are absolutely hauling ass. If you are dead set on using a 10gr pellet, you can try to increase or decrease your speed with them to see if things tighten up. You don’t need a new barrel. Maybe just a slightly different tune. 

I have the .22 and .25 and neither is pellet picky but I have no experience with the .177.

However I wanted to point out I've generally found the 10.5gr Crosmans to tilt toward the large side of things. Do you have a sufficiently accurate caliper or micrometer to measure a sampling of 10 of them and the JSB 8.4gr that are marked 4.53mm? That would give some good insight as to whether the barrel does indeed prefer larger heads.