• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Dampa mount for WFTF springers?

I just use a MNT-DTW145 dovetail to picatinny adapter and a set of Vortex Pro rings. Haven't have any issues yet. If you want some adjustability in the setup the Burris Signature XTR rings are pretty great too.
Mr. Sq

I was thinking of using the Dampa Mount to minimize recoil damage to the scope. Not an elevation or windage adjustability issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: beerthief
Anyone using the Dampa mount for WFTF piston?
If so, which gun and which scope.
Any issues? POI shifts? Temp shifts? I hear that the rubber bushing used may wears out or change it's nature as it ages?
I don't think it's necessary Lots of guys use lots of different ring set ups without problems. I like Burris rings, why? Check out their webite about Signature Series rings and believe all their advertising. They are that good.

I have my NightForce mounted in a ZR mount on my TX200 .177/12ish ft lbs

Dont even notice it.... its still bug holes IF I do my part. Hasnt affected the gun's performance at all.
DAN!!!
Did you shoot Nevada last weekend?
Are we going to see you in Oregon for the July shoot?

Which NightForce are you using?
What pellet?

I did some more searching and thought I read somewhere that Hector Medinas posted on a forum that he did some testing on Dampa mounts. Now I couldn't locate the posting (I'm getting old)

I think Hector said that he found the Dampa mount inadequate for repeatable Field Target accuracy. Something to do with the torque on the screw/rubber either coming out of adjustment or lack of rubber material stability (over time?)

Anyone else do any testing on the Dampa mount for Piston Field Target ?

Last edited: