Daisy bought out Crosman

Another article.

Reactions: Bandito
My main concern would be, easy to get Crosman parts may not be so easy to get any more.
I’ve already run into this with a Gen 2 Marauder. I ordered parts from 3 businesses to get what I needed to seal up a 25 cal Marauder. I still have yet to find the new style gauge block adapter for the new style pressure gauge.

Reactions: Bandito
Hopefully something good comes out of it, but I’m a little dubious.

Maybe have Daisy concentrate on traditional BB guns and multi-pump BB guns, Crosman could sell their budget friendly modular guns and CO2 replicas, Gamo could concentrate on springers and Benjamin and BSA could work the higher end PCPs.

The problem I see occurring is that they’ll likely decide to roll the different models into one. Why produce both a Daisy 880 and a Crosman 760? You know it’s going to happen to some degree and while I think both Daisy and Gamo have contributed to airgunning, their contribution hasn’t even been close to that of Crosman in recent years. I might have some gripes about the quality of certain Crosman products, but you can’t deny that Crosman has been a major innovator and produces an enormous variety of products.

I’d much rather see this the other way around with Crosman buying out Daisy/Gamo. There just aren’t that many Daisy/Gamo products out there that I would really miss, but there are plenty of Crosman products that I would.

Reactions: Airitis
Hopefully something good comes out of it, but I’m a little dubious.

Maybe have Daisy concentrate on traditional BB guns and multi-pump BB guns, Crosman could sell their budget friendly modular guns and CO2 replicas, Gamo could concentrate on springers and Benjamin and BSA could work the higher end PCPs.

The problem I see occurring is that they’ll likely decide to roll the different models into one. Why produce both a Daisy 880 and a Crosman 760? You know it’s going to happen to some degree and while I think both Daisy and Gamo have contributed to airgunning, their contribution hasn’t even been close to that of Crosman in recent years. I might have some gripes about the quality of certain Crosman products, but you can’t deny that Crosman has been a major innovator and produces an enormous variety of products.

I’d much rather see this the other way around with Crosman buying out Daisy/Gamo. There just aren’t that many Daisy/Gamo products out there that I would really miss, but there are plenty of Crosman products that I would.
Funny, I was thinking exactly what you said except switching the names around. I suppose there are Crosman people and Daisy people. Kind of like Chevy folks and Ford folks.
Russ