Daisy Daisy 880 - at 10 meters, standing offhand

I'm amazed and pleased with this very inexpensive Daisy rifle!
I'm an old geezer and my beautiful German FWB 300s, while a tack driver, is HEAVY for my old muscles.
It's much easier to lift and hold (standing offhand) my new plastic Chinese Daisy 880 (see 10 meter comparison, below).
To be fair, the FWB has a peep sight, and the unmodified Daisy is sporting its stock 4x15 scope, but still…!
I'd be very interested to see other folks' accuracy/performance results for this rifle.
1701060498465.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm amazed and pleased with this very inexpensive Daisy rifle!
I'm an old geezer and my beautiful German FWB 300s, while a tack driver, is HEAVY for my old muscles.
It's much easier to lift and hold (standing offhand) my new plastic Chinese Daisy 880 (see 10 meter comparison, below).
To be fair, the FWB has a peep sight, and the unmodified Daisy is sporting its stock 4x15 scope, but still…!
I'd be very interest to see other folks' accuracy/performance results for this rifle.
View attachment 410067
Get one of the "Winchester" 4X AO scopes from PA. And a set of lower rings. Definitely a better scope.

About 10 years ago everyone was shooting 25 yards with there 1000 dollar PCP guns, I pulled out my 22.95$$ 760 pumper and placed a 600 dollar scope on it, (Dont remember which one) I shot dime and under dime size groups, But I was on a table with sand bags, I was on a site called T.A.G and I posted pictures and all as proof, Wish I could find all the pictures , I been thinking or redoing the test as I still have the gun.
Oh good shooting off hand with that 880 I have seen big $$$$ guns that could not shoot the groups at 30yards
Mike

Reactions: katfisch
I recently bought an 880, and I was surprised as well, at the groups at 10 yards. I shot off shooting sticks in my basement, just for the heck of it. I had one that was a tad outside, but I'm positive if i could hold it
20231224_164950.jpg
perfect every time, I think I could get 5 shots in the same hole. These were all within a dime, I know it's nothing spectacular, but for a cheap gun, I'm impressed.

I recently bought an 880, and I was surprised as well, at the groups at 10 yards. I shot off shooting sticks in my basement, just for the heck of it. I had one that was a tad outside, but I'm positive if i could hold itView attachment 420009 perfect every time, I think I could get 5 shots in the same hole. These were all within a dime, I know it's nothing spectacular, but for a cheap gun, I'm impressed.

Boy, howdy, that’s nice shooting.

scroll down to the bottom of this page . Daisy 853 with diopter sights $ 125 +$14 shipping (hint LW barrel )

scroll down to the bottom of this page . Daisy 853 with diopter sights $ 125 +$14 shipping (hint LW barrel )
I've seen these previously, and that is definitely a great price. I mainly bought the 880 to see, why so many people like them. I understand now. My thinking was, why do so many people like a cheap, plastic gun? I grew up with cheap guns as a kid, and never remember them being that accurate. I always shot open sights, and did decent. My grandfather bought me my first gun. It was a daisy that looked like a Red Ryder, real wood, but wasn't a Red Ryder. He had a Sheridan Blue Streak and a RWS model 34. He's been gone a long time now, but I'll never forget shooting air rifles at close pins in the ground, with him. So I bought my son a 760 pumpmaster to learn on, and this 880. They both.do well, for inexpensive guns, IMO. I did put a scope on the 880, after seeing it did decent with open sights. I don't even have 50 pellets through it, never cleaned it prior to shooting it. The pellets were meisterkugeln 7gr wadcutters and a UTG scope I had laying around. They only thing I bought was a Buckrail suppressor.