Daisy Daisy 753s vs FWB 300s pellet test

Just got a Daisy 753s 10 meter single stroke pneumatic.
First impression was that it’s pellet finicky and no match for my old FWB 300s 10 meter springer, in terms of accuracy.

Tested 4 different pellets, 5 shots each target at 10 meters rested, and I’m more impressed with the Daisy, but the rifles like different pellets, that seems pretty clear.
I think that the Daisy likes the Vogel domed pellets, while the FWB doesn’t. Both seem to like the Nygord wadcutters, but I only have a couple hundred of those left, sadly, and they’re no longer available.

The left column is Daisy, right column FWB.

Hope you find this useful, and I’d like to hear any suggestions of other pellets to try in my Daisy 753s.

IMG_8116.jpeg

Reactions: katfisch
First off that is very good marksmanship 🎯 I agree the Daisy likes them Vogel doomed pellets(y) I don't own either air rifle so I don't qualify to suggest pellets. I do like that Daisy if I had one I'd try as many pellets as I could and see which one it likes (I know thanks Mr. Obvious) thats the fun part of getting a new airgun.
I tried to shoot Crosman Premier Hollow Points in the 753s — way too tight (really had to force the bolt closed) and wild groups. Old Beeman Silver Stings shoot poorly too — not tight in the breach, but big groups. Gonna have to get a box of Daisy wadcutters and see what happens.

Reactions: Simplemann