• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daisy Daisy 747 Peep Sight

My old eyes don't see as good as they use to even with the implants after cataract surgery. Peep sights have their advantages and disadvantages but I liked the one on my Crosman 1322 so I decided to design one for my 747. What I ended up doing was making a plate with the aperture in in it and glued it to the existing blade sight. After getting it sighted in today I was shooting nickel size groups pretty consistently. I designed it in Freecad and 3D printed it.

tempImagemyhioT.jpg

Yes, Wind that is a mess the solution above is a good idea
it is not perfect but the pistol can be shot
what i did is take a piece of 1/2 x 5/8 aluminum cut and small notch in it and epoxy and Ruger pistol sight on it
what i found is the 1/2 is not enough it needs about .7mm more the 5/8 width is about .4mm to wide but works fine the clam shells hold it very well
the block i built will move up and down for big moves and the sight itself will make fine adjustment
it was a proof of concept, and it will work it looks fine but is it perfect no
now if someone could make the base for the sight by 3D printing that would make so anyone could put the two pieces together
SAM_0650.JPG

I don't think the rear sight on the 7x7's is that complicated. I don't want to tear either of my sights apart to get all the dimensions. If someone has an extra one that I could get the dimensions from I would try and make all parts.
Sight on the 717 and 747 is plastic. No one who sells parts has them, so they are rather hard to come by. The 777 has a more complicated sight. It has an adjustable width notch , and is all steel.

Reactions: WIndOnYerGrape