Daisy 747 loose cocking lever

I just picked up a 747 and the cocking lever is very loose. When cocked and if you turn the gun to the side it will literally flop open. From the sound of firing and sound of a pellet impacting my pellet trap it seems to be generating plenty of power for a target gun, I have not checked over a chronograph. Any ideas on tightning this lever. I am thinking about a total reseal as the foam wiper seems to be shot, and possibly new tighter O rings might help.

You have the cocking lever adjusted properly?You know that piece that has teeth on it that you turn with the screwdriver. It is supposed to be adjusted to where you have the cocking lever in it’s rested position uncocked with the cocking lever upward I believe it’s right around 1 inch from the side of the gun.You can Google the user manual for that gun because I don’t remember exactly what it’s supposed to be adjusted to. I’m saying 1 inch because I’m sure that is close but I just looked at the owners manual online and adjusted it right then in there.

That is strange then. Maybe you might want to just rebuild the whole thing. It only took me 20 minutes to reseal mine.And while you get it apart you might find something else that could be causing the problem. When I got mine it was well used and not taken very good care of. But it works great now and only has a little cosmetic issues like chipping paint.

I got the parts in, reseal kit, new valve and a new pump lever assembly as the rivet was loose and worn. It took me a bit to get the barrel with valve assembly removed but finally figured it out. and got everything cleaned and reassembled. The old foam wiper was hard and crumbled apart when I removed it. The old O rings seemed a little hard. Got the new ones installed and lubed with some supplied SuperLube silicone grease. I had tested the gun with a chronometer last week and velocity was around 260fps, after doing my work it is up to about 390, so a big increase.
I did pick up a couple of other of these guns, in a bit better condition, but the wipers were all bad, so replaced them again with the polyurethane kit along with new valves and they all shoot nicely, velocities all in the 390 range. I plan on some informal matches with my son and grandson when they are over next, all using the same gun. I just need to get out the next morning or so and get them zeroed so they will be ready..