Daisy 747 bolt issue?

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here it is.

My Daisy 747 has sometimes been releasing the trigger (sear?) when I close the bolt, so when I close the pump lever there is no resistance and therefore it is not pumping.

It does not happen every time.

This is the process I use to load.

1. open pump lever

2. open bolt

3. insert pellet

4. close bolt (this is when I hear a click that releases the sear)

5. close pump lever (if the sear has released there is no pressure)

If it clicks when closing the bolt I simply open it and close it again until it does not click.

Any thoughts on what the issue is?

I'm assuming it is the bolt that is worn out and is somehow releasing the trigger/sear?

As always, thanks in advance for any help.

dennis

I have a 777 that I bought used. Everything I’ve seen says; open bolt, load pellet and close bolt, then open charging/pump lever and pausing a second before charging/closing the pump lever to allow for full intake of air.

good luck,

Phil

Thank, Phil.

Yes, I've read that as well. I tried it and it still occasionally fired when closing the bolt. Same as my method. 

Either way no harm done... however...

The manual for the 747 actually says open bolt, pump, load pellet, close bolt. I tried that and when the bolt was closed the gun fired! Fortunately I always have the gun pointed downrange so the pellet fired harmless into the trap area. So much for following manufacturers guidelines. :)

The 747 has an adjustable trigger and I was able to "fix" the problem by increasing the trigger weight. I say "fix" because in 20 test shots it has not "clicked" with the heavier trigger adjustment. Time will tell if the issue returns. I didn't really feel a big difference with the heavier trigger adjustment in those 20 test shots, so maybe I'll be ok.

Thank you again for your response.

dennis

Years back I used a Daisy match rifle and always opened the pump arm, loaded a pellet, closed the bolt then returned the pump lever. I also found that to light a trigger could on ocassion cuase it to fire...however...by not returning the pump lever until last, the air rush would come thru slowly and not charge so there was no danger to others. Glad to hear you are always pointed in a safe direction!!! Some dont think of that because these are considered "toys"