• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daisy 747 Air Pistol

Buenas tardes, necesitaba ayuda con relacion a la manija de la Daisy 747, hace poco compre una y viene con las de plastico que trae, me podrian ayudar diganme donde las compraron y si es posible las hacen o son zurdos?
Good afternoon, I needed help in relation to the handle of the Daisy 747, I recently bought one and it comes with the plastic ones it comes with, could you help me tell me where you bought them and if possible, do they make them or are they left-handed?

Buenas tardes, necesitaba ayuda con relacion a la manija de la Daisy 747, hace poco compre una y viene con las de plastico que trae, me podrian ayudar diganme donde las compraron y si es posible las hacen o son zurdos?
Good afternoon, I needed help in relation to the handle of the Daisy 747, I recently bought one and it comes with the plastic ones it comes with, could you help me tell me where you bought them and if possible, do they make them or are they left-handed?

I picked up a like new Daisy 747 air pistol. This is a match pistol that Daisy used to make , along with the cheaper 717 ,They also made the 722 , which is the .22 version of the 717. Also the top of the pile 777. The 747 has a Lothar Walther barrel , and a trigger adjustment screw to lighten the pull weight. The 747 , and the 777 were made for 10 meter compedition at a reasonable price point. At 10 meters both are very accurate. I first tried the Daisy flat nosed pellet , and then the 7.0 grain RWS R10 pellet. On to the JSB 8.44 grain pellet. Last the HN 8.18 grain , and the HN 10.65 grain pellet. All did well , and the heavier pellets did OK. I have some wood grips coming , but after three weeks I fear they are lost in transit. Any how , I recommend this pistol

. View attachment 84597

OK, Mark Melesky made those fantastic grips. He is an avid airgunner and a talented woodworker. Reach him at 586-201-6468. He gave me an OK for calls related to his grips. I will show you some other grips he made. Be sure and ask about wood types. Also on the American Air Guns classified page is a guy named Vernon. He made grips for my Smith and Wesson Model 78G. He does nice work as well.

IMG-0895.jpg

Beeman 850.jpg

Beeman P1 Grips.jpg

IMG-0868.jpg

106.JPG

I have several sets made by Vern Austin and they are great and very reasonable . He makes them in rt hand, left hand and ambi. He goes under the name of Mystery Man on ebay. Many on here has his grips and love them.

Last night I sent him a msg on what I want. He will set up a pre order on his eBay store and I will order today.

I am ordering for my 1701P, but he has a set for the 7X7 on his eBay store now. I will eventually get some for my 717, but right now the 1701 gets all the range time.
The 1701p is very underrated. Fantastic 10 meter pistol for my 9 meter range. Shoots way better than I do. Shoots the RWS Hobby 7.0 gr hole in hole. Very worthy of custom grips.

Reactions: Struckat
Heads up!!!!

There is now a pre order set up on his eBay store for basic walnut grips for the 1701p.
The photo is of another material. I asked for standard no thumbshelf grips.

Now I wait...

Or maybe it was just for me through the link he sent? I don’t see when log in to the fleabay.
Either way msg and tell him what you are looking for.

Last edited:
All of the 7x7 series are nice Like someone said the upgrade to the 747 gives a Lothar Walther barrel and adjustable trigger, Going on up to the 777 gives a steel rear sight, that has an adjustable width notch, and a forged cocking lever vs the stamped version on the lower grades, plus walnut target stocks. I got the bug with them bad a couple of years back and acquired 3 of the 777, 4 of the 747 and one 722 Two of the 747's went to my son and grandson. I rebuilt, resealed all of them. I found some kits that had split teflon rings to use in place of the foam wiper. I think each gun uses 5 of these rings, and they work kind of like automotive piston rings. apply some oil and it stays between the rings, enough to wick out and wipe the cylinder, at least no foam to disintegrate and foul the valve