Velocity360 fps * actually 380-390
Single pump pneumatic
Ammo TypePellets
ActionBolt-action
Barrel Rifled
Single-shot
Gun Weight2.25
Overall Length13.50

This pistol proves you don’t need a pedigreed barrel for accuracy.

All three models are identical as far as the action is concerned. The 717 is the base model. The 747 has a Lothar Walther barrel. The 777 was discontinued a few years ago, having Lothar Walther barrel, wooden grips and adjustable metal sights. The 722 also the same as the 717 except in .22 cal.

These guns are very accurate, very quiet and a joy to shoot. In my opinion a great choice for someone wanting to try 10 meter competition.

Daisy 717 was released in 1979 and initially thought to be something of a toy. Until it started winning target competitions (against FWB 65's and such like pistols) and one renowned shooter (Don Nygord) championed this pistol. Nygord recommended two mods: an adjustable trigger and uprated rear sights. The trigger is altered via a screw you have to drill and tap into the grip frame yourself which alters the contact point with the sear, allowing the trigger to be set far lighter than the 2lbs standard. 500 grams was achieved.

Today I shoot it from 25 feet off hand

Last edited:
Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
Another good video. Yeah I think not unless you were going to shoot competition, the 717 is plenty good enough. I know there’s a big difference in price that they are going for between the 717 and the 747. I’ve seen a 722 That was going for a ridiculous price I thought.But I’m glad I bought mine needing a re-seal because it saved me a lot of money.

Professor,

Heck of a gun, heck of a story. Seems this Daisy already had a following, I'm sure video brought back fond memories. Agree with others on good video results. Benchrest sure pulled group together, maybe idea for future videos. Thanks for all your hard work and dedication,

WM

Nor much of a bench rest shooter. I like the challenge of off hand. 

In case anyone is interested about the mods for the 717, 747.

download.png
View attachment Daisy_717_Don_Nygord_Mods.1633747059.pdf

Low and behold, I have a Daisy 717. Many years ago(maybe 20 years or morea0 I bought the 717 at a sporting good store on a bargain table. I remember that it was cheap and I did not shoot it much. I did not realize what I had. It was only three or four months ago I got out, did some research on it, and realized the treasure I owned.

Good t hear from some other Daisy owners.