• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Daisy 717, 747, 777

https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/usedguns.html/096-daisy-717-.177-–-used/

I owned 3 Daisy 717’s from 12-18. Great guns. Junk triggers & sights.

I put a WTB ad up for any model as I refused to pay $200 for a 717 pistol that would need a trigger job and Williams sights or dovetails machined for a red dot.

I struck gold from a generous fellow of the vintage collector crew. A Daisy 777 and it’s a righty. I prefer ambidextrous as I’m ambidextrous but left eye dominant. So I’ll probably be selling the righty Walnut OEM grips & copying for an ambidextrous Rosewood set. 
I didn’t know all the differences of 717 to 777 but found out my new baby has match sights, brass tube, & LW barrel. 
If anyone has pictures or cares to buy the righty grips I may sell ( definitely making an ambidextrous set) let’s see them or get in touch. 
I can say that the lowly 717 did hold tight groups. Add over 1lb, match sights & barrel, Walnut grips, brass internals.
NOh boy am I excited. 
Only thing I’ll need is a better trigger blade. Maybe trigger group. 
So all you pistol collectors get in touch. PM me to swap & trade. I’ll pay cash or trade grips for a better drop in brass blade. 
Just sharing my enthusiasm for her to arrive. 

I have 717s, 747s, and several 777s and I think by far the 747 s are the best choice. Same LW barrel and same trigger but much lighter than the 777. The 777 has better metal sights but the 747 plastic ones work fine. As for grips Vern Austin makes great ambi , righty, or lefty grips out of almost any wood you want for a really reasonable prices. I have several sets of ambi and they are really nice. I would also suggest you stock up on spare parts from Daisy while you can as some especially for the 777 aren't avallable any more. Daisy sells their parts much cheaper than most online sellers.

The reseal kits are still avallable from Daisy. All models in 7xx series are the same. Barrels, sights, and triggers for the 777s are all gone from the factory last time I checked. The scope mounts clamp around the barrel and are the same as the ones for the Russian 46m. and no longer made I was told.You can sometimes find them on ebay. I have several and they work well.

Thank you guys. I got a good one from T.S. 
I am surprised at the sand bagged precision it’s capable of. It’s no problem for it to put unsorted wad cutters hole in ragged hole.

I’m probably going to get a Air Venturi V10 just to compare. Daisy should still make the 747 and improve the bolt, trigger, sights. 
At least something to compete with the V10. Definitely fun & hoping to give the Chipmunks some trouble. 

You will not see anymore performance from an Air Venturi/ Gamo Compact. The grip maybe better but the trigger is poor compared to the 747 trigger. I would say less good compared to a stock 717. 

The key thing with the 717/747 is its bolt loading. An often over looked feature which helps size pellets into the bore like a PCP rifle, removing the inconsistency of pellets and not requiring hand picking pellets. 

I have only bettered a 747 with a well set up FAS 6004 which is a base level fully fledges match pistol.

Steveoo , Sure getting a rise on my recently acquired Daisy 747. My 747 is wearing wood grips. Your hand melts in them. Trigger? Of many guns, this let-off is sweet !!
1592714338_21450115375eeee4620b3f24.16517634.jpg

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
Steveoo , Sure getting a rise on my recently acquired Daisy 747. My 747 is wearing wood grips. Your hand melts in them. Trigger? Of many guns, this let-off is sweet !!

Yes as said, you would be hard pressed to get an Air Venturi to beat this, especially when setup with grips like that....or at the least, the difference would not be worth spit. Less plastic also...

Yes as said, you would be hard pressed to get an Air Venturi to beat this, especially when setup with grips like that....or at the least, the difference would not be worth spit. Less plastic also...

I know this is an old thread, buy where did you get a set of grips like that.