• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Dairy Shooting ... Happy Dairymen ... Had a BLAST

The owner, his Missus, a worker, and excavation Dude were there to fix a cow poop recycling plumbing issue and I was 20' from them for over an hour dropping birds and they saw some of the kill shots at 40+ yards.

After the cleanout was re-assembled and Lake Poop receded the owner came over and took a look into my 5-gallon bucket and had a Big Smile on his face. I told him there were that many on the roof and more on the burn pile.

I started with about five misses, no one saw those, cuz the day before I had been popping GS in the wind and managed to lose my zero on the Taipan VL.25. Don't mess with a known zero in the wind!

It was windy and a red-tailed hawk was overhead circling and never flapped a wing for five minutes only 50' overhead. It was windy overhead, at the elevation where bird targets were, but only swirly+ stuff at ground level. I was shooting from a wind shadow created by buildings behind me.

IMG_20210507_121244_01.1620474727.jpg
IMG_20210507_120904_01.1620474727.jpg
IMG_20210507_103729_02.1620474727.jpg
IMG_20210505_123531_01.1620474727.jpg

Good job, Johnny... Got to get my lazy arse to the dairy...

Me too! I was lazy about five trips of loading to the car:

pellets, magazines, allen keys, binos, rangefinder, junk food (one container and easy)
Taipan
BSA R10
generator
compressor

The BSA took a few but I do prefer the Taipan in .25 with a LOT more smackdown for all pesting.

@johnnypdx I think that you are having too much fun, and decent choice on a shake. The dairy near Pocatello, ID I have access runs a few hundred cattle. There is a fairly large number of Eurasian doves, but fewer pigeons than you might think. Next time I am in Idaho I will send my drone up to try to get a prospective. At the same time due to the size of the dairy I am surprised there aren’t more doves, pigeons, sparrows and, especially the Devil’s Minions (starlings). 😑

Mr.JohnnyPDX,

Sinister looking T Vet..."tired starlings, lie in the dark where the shadows run from themselves". 

Your description of the hunt conditions and the bucket o birds reminded me of an old song from my early days, I sort of rearranged the words, but I think it fits.

You need a purpose built pesting response support vehicle, equipped and ready at all hours...generator, air comp, fully stocked Armory and food storage. 

Good post and pictures, plus awesome glamor shot of the T Vet.

Good luck with your pesting, stay healthy and safe

Arrowhead1951