Dairy Farm Pesting -

Spent about 3 hours at the dairy farm yesterday. (Sorry! It's 70 and overcast here.) There are two areas I shoot. One is the feed pile where the birds, mostly Starlings now, Eat and poop. At that site I had about 10 dead Starlings and 1 collared dove. The other location was a farmer owned pole and wire that was at the entrance to the barns where there was feed in the trouhgs for the cows to eat.
My Alpha Wolf is DOA so I went to my back up rifles. I used my Daystate Pulsar with a Heli board at power level 4. Chrono says with the .22 Hades ut about 612 FPS. That rifle has a 9 round magazine. I went through 8 magazines and probably missed maybe 25 shots. This is 25yd shooting. At the power level I dropped from 230 bar to 200 bar. The pulsar is close to antique status, but it always hits where you aim it. Even after a long rest period between uses (maybe weeks). You do the math but there won't be as many Starlings breeding next Spring. The farmer reminded me that I shoot em and he takes care of the 'crime scene'. Also got a nice text that thanked me for helping control a costly problem for the farm. Farmeres should be a 'protected species' and we air gunners should help them any way we can.

Spent about 3 hours at the dairy farm yesterday. (Sorry! It's 70 and overcast here.) There are two areas I shoot. One is the feed pile where the birds, mostly Starlings now, Eat and poop. At that site I had about 10 dead Starlings and 1 collared dove. The other location was a farmer owned pole and wire that was at the entrance to the barns where there was feed in the trouhgs for the cows to eat.
My Alpha Wolf is DOA so I went to my back up rifles. I used my Daystate Pulsar with a Heli board at power level 4. Chrono says with the .22 Hades ut about 612 FPS. That rifle has a 9 round magazine. I went through 8 magazines and probably missed maybe 25 shots. This is 25yd shooting. At the power level I dropped from 230 bar to 200 bar. The pulsar is close to antique status, but it always hits where you aim it. Even after a long rest period between uses (maybe weeks). You do the math but there won't be as many Starlings breeding next Spring. The farmer reminded me that I shoot em and he takes care of the 'crime scene'. Also got a nice text that thanked me for helping control a costly problem for the farm. Farmeres should be a 'protected species' and we air gunners should help them any way we can.
I agree about protecting your local farmers. It’s a “labor of love” for many of them. Long, long days, planting, maintaining, harvesting, feeding livestock, etc. I cherish the privilege and trust of being allowed to pest and hunt on their properties. So yes they are definitely worthy of protection.

9:30 pm last night farmer across the way still cutting feed. I saw this morning that he still has a couple acres to go on this section. Then switch and bale it up. This isn't a simple mower or sickle system - cuts and chops and places all in a mound at once then he comes back couple days later with a round baler, They do not let this stuff completely dry out like hay. With the tractor and what was behind it likely 3/4 of million $ in equipment maybe more. Red meat for you guys & gals. was watching just for a bit couple days ago and low and behold one of those Alaskan Sables came scampering out ahead of him. Grabbed one of my airmail units but it must of headed off into the soy beanfield next door to me. Anothe one got an air mail message about a week ago.

Last edited:
Wld like to see some pics, not a fan of starlings.
Here you go

IMG_0649.jpeg