Diana D75 up and running.

Several weeks ago I found Diana 75 at a good price on another forum. I purchased it and it came from Al to Pa in just a few days. I order a scope, Sightron STac 5x20 , and received it quickly along with a rail and set of Burris sings with inserts. Rifle appeared good, cocking arm is very smooth. I took the original peep sight set up off and mounted the scope with max increase of elevation the ring inserts allowed. It shot quite bit low at 20 meters. I ordered a 20 min rail and switched the original rail out for the new one. Was only a couple inches from center. I quickly tired about 6 pellets this afternoon. One dome and one flat shot tiny 5 shot one hole groups. It is s joy to shoot. I hope to do some serious group shooting. Is it more accurate than my TX200, maybe. It is certainly much easier to shoot accurately with then my other springers. It also had a multi directional butt set up. I also took that off, surprise, the butt stock has a huge hollow in it.

i see no mention of the last time it was rebuilt and that is important to all that is looking to buy a Giss System Diana
and if that information is not available can look at the rear cap and side gear covers for any sort of tool marks
and if all that fails shoot it till it fails
the rear cap could be taken off to have a look and you could tell if it had been opened up
enjoy your 75

i see no mention of the last time it was rebuilt and that is important to all that is looking to buy a Giss System Diana
and if that information is not available can look at the rear cap and side gear covers for any sort of tool marks
and if all that fails shoot it till it fails
the rear cap could be taken off to have a look and you could tell if it had been opened up
enjoy your 75
I inquired about the history and could only go back 6 years and 2 owners. They had not had anything done but both thought it had been resealed since supposedly those guns new could not get beyond a year old on the OEM seals. I was also told to be sure the last little bit of the cocking stroke did not feel gritty. It's very smooth. I have a friend who has one he had resealed so I have information to get it done if I have problems but all looks good at this point.

that sounds good
i am i firm believer that documentation on all rebuilds or work should stay with the gun
i have i the past put notes under the grips on a date of a rebuild
but remember the documentation helps the seller as much as the buyer
without it you can hope but with it you have the facts
and i don't believe the original factory seals were as fragile as some think but none would be any good at this time in history
i do own 3 model 75 TO1's

Reactions: Singleshot
the Diana model 75 was the next and last Giss System Rifle Diana made
they had an early version which was a model 75 that was also a Beeman 400 and the second version the was a model 75 TO1
now in the 75 line up there were many versions
main changes were the front globe sight which was like a FWB 300 to a slip on Globe sight and the rear sight mount was changed and a new rear sight was made even though it looks the same it is not
so the question was is it a target rifle 100%
and they were not cheap as the last Retail Price was 1745.00 so says the Blue Book

take a look at vintage

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com/post-war-diana-air-rifles/diana-model-75/

the reality is few show up for sale and few follow them as the FWB 300 was a much more popular rifle
and the Giss System scares people
there are more parts available then most know but they are not cheap to get out of Germany
https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/shop/DIANA:.:2.html?filter_id=247

mike in Washington state

the Diana model 75 was the next and last Giss System Rifle Diana made
they had an early version which was a model 75 that was also a Beeman 400 and the second version the was a model 75 TO1
now in the 75 line up there were many versions
main changes were the front globe sight which was like a FWB 300 to a slip on Globe sight and the rear sight mount was changed and a new rear sight was made even though it looks the same it is not
so the question was is it a target rifle 100%
and they were not cheap as the last Retail Price was 1745.00 so says the Blue Book

take a look at vintage

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com/post-war-diana-air-rifles/diana-model-75/

the reality is few show up for sale and few follow them as the FWB 300 was a much more popular rifle
and the Giss System scares people
there are more parts available then most know but they are not cheap to get out of Germany
https://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/shop/DIANA:.:2.html?filter_id=247

mike in Washington state
Here is a picture of mine, I lost all my good detailed pics when an old computer died on me.
I had this one scoped with a Prostaff 3-9 EFR and had a running bore type muzzle I machined from delrin put on it. It was a tac driver and I should of kept it.
IMG_0745.jpeg

Here's a 45 yard target I shot with it back in 2017..
IMG_6803.jpeg

Mine was walnut and was really nice figured, I think it was made around 79 or 80 I forget exactly.✌🏻

You've got a good one. I own a 75 T01 U, the "Universal" version. A fine rifle.

I recently re-sealed/refurbished it. AGN member cjtamu was kind enough to scan the original factory service manual that he has, and sent a digital copy to me (Thank You!). I'd be happy to forward a copy to anyone who wants it for reference. If you're considering doing your own re-seal, the factory shop manual is mandatory. It's an incredibly complex design.

The final detail with mine is the rubber butt pad. It dry-rotted and basically disintegrated. I'm grinding out a replacement from an oversized pad from my parts bin using the dovetail block from the original pad.

One hell of a rifle-

D75T01u-1 2.JPG

I think I have figured out mine is a B. Later production with a beech stock. The stock is right bias and has an adjustable butt plate set up and a full rail under the fore end.Not a pretty girl but very accurate. 3 days in a row now every one of my 5 shot groups with AA10.33 4.52s at 20 meters have been in the zeros. I am happy. The recoil is so negated it will not set off an external trigger on my Lab Radar.

Here is a picture of mine, I lost all my good detailed pics when an old computer died on me.
I had this one scoped with a Prostaff 3-9 EFR and had a running bore type muzzle I machined from delrin put on it. It was a tac driver and I should of kept it.
View attachment 441457
Here's a 45 yard target I shot with it back in 2017..
View attachment 441456
Mine was walnut and was really nice figured, I think it was made around 79 or 80 I forget exactly.✌🏻
Great target. Was that outdoors? I really hadn't thought about taking this to 50 outdoors but I will be now. I like my D54 in .22 at 100 yds. Lots of fun and 4 shot group under an inch but no 5 shot yet. I'm working on it.

Reactions: bustachip
Ha, peeps are in my past. Way past.
I lost my peeps years back, I live in the country and have a few neighbors ( farmers) that need birds, snakes and other small pests needing gone in their barns. The 75 is perfect for such a job and my little 2-7x32 scope is perfect for my tired old eyes. Power is just right for indoor pest control.

I lost my peeps years back, I live in the country and have a few neighbors ( farmers) that need birds, snakes and other small pests needing gone in their barns. The 75 is perfect for such a job and my little 2-7x32 scope is perfect for my tired old eyes. Power is just right for indoor pest control.
I had enough of peeps in my youth but in all honesty enjoy playing with them once in a while. It is amazing how accurate they can be.

Great target. Was that outdoors? I really hadn't thought about taking this to 50 outdoors but I will be now. I like my D54 in .22 at 100 yds. Lots of fun and 4 shot group under an inch but no 5 shot yet. I'm working on it.
Yes summer time afternoons with no wind, shot off a bench. Pellets were 7.33 jsb's and AA falcons, as well as AA 7.87's.

I've never shot my 75 with anything but the iron sights. I've got a spare Hawke 2-7x32 in need of a home, I may have to try it on the 75. No need for recoil stop pins or blocks either, a definite bonus.

Reactions: AirShot