• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CZ barrel - what are their tendencies?

I must have a freak Taipan Vet. Mine is a .22 standard shooting slugs and it is silent. Would never even consider screwing something onto the end of it. I see a ton of Vets with big cans on the end of them and wonder what kind of power are you guys pushing to make this gun loud. Did they change something in the newer models? I got mine new in 2017 from R&L.

My 22 Vet is pretty quiet with the factory moderator up to ~55FPE. From 56 to 70+, it's pushing a LOT of air, and I'm running a DonnyFL KOI because the factory moderator starts doing weird things to my trajectory.

Late to the party, but will add. Mine is a Short CZ. Likes to shoot hot. Matter of fact, I Must have a really stiff spring, because it goes from blistering to nada in a couple turns of the adjuster. However, Damn thing will put 10 rounds at 30 into the same hole if you can aim real steady. 

Another vote for the yellow heavy tape. With the original shroud, the gun is about the quietest one I own. However.... I can’t leave well enough alone. Took shroud off and threaded a Weihrauch straight up, no adapter needed. It’s a bit louder now, but looks awesome. 
1592565326_7186497575eec9e4ed15096.84965356.jpeg