• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CX CS4 compressor power consumption at various output pressures.

Here is a table of estimated power consumption of the compressor motor of a CS4 under various pressures from 0 to 400 bar assuming a constant 82% SMPS efficiency that matches the claimed 350W motor rating. I tried to measure the DC current and voltage but the signals were way too noisy to make sense out of. I even made a 1st order low pass filter at 150HZ to try to get rid of the noise, but it didn't work much better. It would take too much work for me to measure the DC current (which would be better) than I willing to do. So I used the AC power input to the power supply with said assumptions.

State = the state of the compressor
Watts = input watts to the power supply
Net comp watts = est. watt driving the compressor motor, subtracting the watts used to power the fan and water pump (41w) and adjusting for PS efficiency.
Watts % of max = % of maximum watts the comp. motor will use.

IMO the ratio of the 4 compression stages are spot on. As at 20 bar (~0) the watts used is only 25% less than maximum. Therefore the 4th stage is only using 25% of the power which is ideal. If this wasn't the case it would be possible to pressurize the input air to increase the output as long is you never exceed the maximum watts of 350. But the gains would be minimal so not worth the complexity and effort.

1708305016911.png