• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

CVLife scopes?

"JDShapp"Thinking about making the jump from my 4x16 40AO Centerpoint scope and I noticed amazon has a CVLife 6x24 50AO scope for a fairly cheap price. I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience with the brand so far, and how well this scope would fair on my .25 Marauder?
Not too many good reviews on this one. About 28% people on Amazon seem to have had some or the other problem with it. If you want a low cost scope, check out NC Star. They have ones which are more cost effective. Or get a basic hawke scope. The 3-9 scopes on the Hawke vantage or sport HD Series start at about $ 69. You can get a better deal on these scopes on other websites as well. A Hawke is far better than a CVlife scope for sure.

Ok for instance let's say there was a double blind study and there were two mediocre scopes, but one was this and one was the CenterPoint 4-16x40 AO scope that everyone who uses likes, but those that haven't knock. They say ONE of them is quality $500+ and the other is basic. If you shoot both, pick one as being the "$500" winner and the one that works best for you. Then they show you it isn't... Do you not buy it because it isn't $500 even though you liked it and it worked? 

I think anyone asking if a $50-100 scope will work for them, I think it's fair to say they aren't in the upper echelon on shooting and accuracy needs like some of the cats here (myself included, as in I'm green at this). I personally think that an immediate "nope, too cheap" is misleading. I myself have never used a scope of quality and clarity that fits into the $500+ range. My wife's dad has them on his guns, but he mentions all the time that he doesn't get to use them to their fullest potential (I'm assuming 300+? I should ask him what that means). 

If I were told that ONLY expensive scopes work I wouldn't have my new bullpup let alone the springer I started with more than likely. 

Im not trying to ruffle feathers, I just think there is this weird phenomena on what people think will work and what won't I guess. 

The way I see it my $70 4-16x40AO scope is perfect to 100yds and dare I say even 150. I don't think that you need a $500-1000+ scope to shoot 100 yards. I can see where at 3-4-500 you start to see a difference, but our guns aren't shooting that far. 

I've read a million and one reviews on scopes in the last couple daysand even ones written by elite snipers that say the old adage of "50% of your rifle is nonsense now a days" due to robotics piecing these together and better materials being used. 

Again, I am so green at this I could be WAY OFF base, and I typed all this for nothing, but I'm sure my response is similar to the views of at least SOME greenies who are on board and coming on board

I'm just speaking from experience. I've had some of the cheapest scopes and I didn't like any of them. You don't have to spend $500 plus to get a decent scope. I have a Primary Arms 4-14x44 ffp scope on my Maruder. It costs $280. Its a great scope for a PCP air rifle even though its made for powder burners. It is not an expensive scope by any stretch but it is night and day better than the cheapest ones out there. This is just my opinion guided by experience.

Now maybe someone with some other experience can suggest a higher power scope for the OP.

Did you purchase this scope? I received the scope about a week ago, but I had to order new rings and I'm still waiting on those to arrive before I can try the scope. I can tell you that the quality isn't very impressive. It does work, but I'd think that the Centerpointe is probably a better choice. I'm going to put the scope on a .22LR Savage Model 64. I'll write up a review as soon as I can get it mounted and tested. I'm not a marksman, or an expert, but I'll be able to tell you if it functions, can be zeroed, holds zero, and doesn't implode.

Hm, I like UTGs with side wheel adjustment. I have three, all of them have done duty on fairly powerful springers, and all three still work like a champ. Now, I'm not shooting bench rest or field target, nor am I reaching out to 100 yards plus (40 is about my limit); I just punch paper, squirrels, rabbits, and pests. They are well made, have more IR colors and adjustments than I know what to do with (or would ever use), are clear, and come in a thirty mm tube, which makes for a bright sight picture. I get them on Amazon for sub-$125.00, and have not had to warranty any one of them in over a year and a half (I can't say the same for my Center Point scopes).

Haven't had the chance to purchase any new scope yet since I've been focused on paying off what I owned on my amazon store card, and part of the scope fund got ate by having to replace my cellphone. I will admit though I have looked at the UTG scopes before, and so far liked what I saw on options at least. Another month or two saving up and I might just have enough for something decent, but that's if I get lucky.

I bought a CVLIFE 6-24X x50 scope for my Ruger 10/22 to see if I could hit a target at 200 yards.
Not only can I hit that target, but if the rifle is on a rest I can see the .22 holes at 200 yards and 24X.
Now, I said I can hit the target, and that is true about 18 or 19 shots out of 20. (I'm not good compared to the guys I shoot with.)
Again, this is at 200 yards, off hand, with no support (no sling, no jacket, etc), and standard velocity ammo.
Several guys have looked through the scope and have said the picture is more clear, and much brighter, than their $250-$300 scopes.
I can't compare as this is, at $54, the most expensive scope I've ever owned.
Since then I have purchased 2 more of the same scope. One is on a CZ452 (.22LR), and the other is on an AR15.
I've had no problems aith any of them. I never use the lighted reticles. So far, 
One other thing. The CVLIFE adjustment clicks are 1/8" at 100 yards, as opposed to some other brands in this thread that look the same but are 1/4" at 100 yards.

There are for sure some bargains out there, but generally ive found with optics probably more than anything else sporting related you absolutely get what you pay for . But any scope or binocular that comes in a "blister pack" is probably not at the top of the food chain . And a scope loaded with every conceivable Bell and whistle at a super incredible price will end up stuck back in a drawer somewhere so that you don't have to look at it everyday :)

I did get one of these scopes, and mounted it on my AT44. So far it is working well for a cheap scope. I went in expecting this to not be nearly as good as the Hawke I own. While it isn't that level of quality I'd say the 6x24 CVLife is good enough to put on an air rifle, or at keep around in case a good scope breaks and a immediate replacement is needed.