Customized my Impact X.

I would love to see an optimizer that was setup with finer teeth in the gearing. The marks get closer together as you are at shorter distances. The difference between 50 and 60 on the tape in the picture is probably only 1/4 inch or less. If one could be configured for 10-100yd that would be Ideal for most hunting or even 10-50m for field target. It might even be possible to have the internal gears be elliptical so that all the marks would be at the same distances apart from each other on the wheel. While I'm dreaming, this could be meshed with the side-wheel on an FT rig and you would just dial for focus and shoot!!

I haven't shot a .25 Impact yet. I did have a .25 Wildcat for a while. I shot it at 200+yards a lot with the Optimizer. I'm looking forward to testing the .22 slugs next my buddy's .25 slugs. We'll be doing shot for shot at the same time in windy conditions at long range and so on to see what gets pushed where.

What i really enjoy about the Optimizer is you could be shooting a group at 20 yards, then spot a squirrel at 150. Simply range the squirrel, turn wheel to 150, send it, then turn the wheel back to 20 and then finish your group. That fast and that easy.

Right on man, I'm looking forward to checking out the results you guys come up with. 
You just nailed the way that I shoot when I'm actually outside.. haha 
I go for targets / pests that could be all over the place, so, there's a constant need for hold under / over, and that gets annoying.. Even worse with 2nd focal plane scopes.. 
Yup, this is going to be a serious game changer, and I feel like a bit of a derp for not just doing it sooner..

That said:
Check it out!

1557716358_12641363425cd8dd866586c1.92128183_Screenshot (431).png

Finally!! 🤣 

Does it really weigh 1.2 pounds ?

I have a digital scale kicking around here someplace.. 
If I can find it, and it turns on / works still, I'll weigh mine as soon as it gets here, and let ya know.

👍 

Sam -

I had a lot of free time this weekend so I went out and put a few more yardage marks on my Optimizer wheel. Now i can shoot out to 205 yards with 18 grain JSBs. 

I was amazed how accurate my Impact X will shoot such a lightweight pellet at long distances. There must be virtually NO wind to shoot at 205 yards. Without wind it was out shooting my old .25 Wildcat which really suprized me.

It was awesome to sit down and accurately and repeatedly hit my targets in 10-20 yard intervals from 120 to 205 yards. I ended the session by putting out 3 golf balls at 150,160, and 177 yards. By then the wind picked up so it took a few shots but i was able to hit them all.

I'm very excited to get into slugs. I really hope to put an order in this week.

Chad(Swish) turned me on to the optimizer a year or so ago and it's been an indispensable item ever since.

Sam, I've got a 15 yard mark on mine, It's right around the 100 yard mark. 

Lewis, there's no gears in it. You put a blank tape on it and pencil in all the ranges you want.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for jumping in, and thanks for the heads up! Awesome! I can't wait til' mine gets here.. 
The only reason I was hoping for a super-close distance of 10m is because that's the max distance inside my apartment.
I pretty much shoot there all the time - if/when I can't get outside.. 
Anyways, it's great to hear that these things will work. That's a priceless component IMO. 

Chad/Swish, 

Awesome man! 205 yards is super friggin' impressive! I've only shot rimfires out to that [rough] distance.. 
Isn't it a killer feeling when you can crack something that far away? Especially with an airgun.. 
And Especially with a .22 cal round. Very cool! 

So guys.. quick one for ya.. 
Shooting real close is apparently just like shooting extra far in that my gun/scope combos didn't work.. 
I had to go with adjustable rings - FX No Limits. That bring things back to perfection..

Now, when the Optomizer gets here.. I wouldn't think that I'd need redundant adjustability.. 
Can I swap out the High No Limit rings for a set of Low rigid mount rings?

I can't get a cheek-weld on my rifles anymore after adding the No Limit rings - haven't built a riser yet.. 
I've been 'chin-welding', and while it works, it's most definitely unnatural and sort of a p.i.t.a. 

Sam -

Great looking Impact! I love the battle worn look. Now you don’t have to worry about that first ding or scratch. Ha ha!

I'm totally new to the optimizer thing... that’s great! Now I have to try one. I’m not a super long range airgunner but it sure looks like it could be quite a handy thing. I learn something new everyday.

Great looking Impact! I love the battle worn look. Now you don’t have to worry about that first ding or scratch. Ha ha!

I'm totally new to the optimizer thing... that’s great! Now I have to try one. I’m not a super long range airgunner but it sure looks like it could be quite a handy thing. I learn something new everyday.

Thanks, that's why I like battle worn too!

Even if you don't shoot long range another plus is not having to explain hold overs to someone else shooting with you or trying your gun. You are always holding zero.

Gentlemen...
As promised, here are a few different weights for the setup - complete - straight out of the package. 🙂👍

Thanks... could we see the other side please? I just want a good idea of how it works.

Welcome, and you betcha. 
Actually, I did one better, and threw together a quick video for ya. Photos first, then the Optimizer in action! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJ6pMwuNds 

Sam -

Reactions: heavy-impact
Nice Dirty! I think your going to like it a lot. Now you just have to put the blank tape on and go to work.

Hopefully in the future they'll make yardage tapes for airguns like they do for the crossbows.

Thanks! I'm super stoked!
And not just because the Optimizer showed up.. Today [well.. yesterday] I lucked out, and scored a new rifle!
I scored a KalibrGun Cricket Mini Carbine WST .22 Cal from another member on here, sooo... 
Now I'll have a Killer little gun [that I've been wanting forrrever] to put set the speed dial up on! I can't wait! 

I'm with you about them making / offering some yardage tapes for airguns.
When I looked into these for my .22 rimfires years ago, they mentioned doing .22 and air rifles versions.. 
I'm just not sure if they followed through with em'. We'll have to try to remember to shoot em' an e-mail and find out.

🙂👍 

Sam -