Custom stock

I might have jumped the gun. I’m thinking it might be a customs problem at the border. I know when I travelled, you were not allowed to bring in wood products over border, period.
Might help if we knew who already said no before suggestions get made.

I tried ordering one from Custom Stocks in the UK. They don’t ship to Canada, and we’re part of the British Commonwealth. I’m trying to find out from Customs if there’s a problem.

Guessing you already asked CS why they won't but definitely weird.
Random lame thought but maybe try finding someone who lives close enough to you but in the US that you could get them delivered to then just meet at the border??
2nd random lame thought but maybe a sticky for one of the Gates with a list of all the still active custom stock makers???

Reactions: crowski
Guessing you already asked CS why they won't but definitely weird.
Random lame thought but maybe try finding someone who lives close enough to you but in the US that you could get them delivered to then just meet at the border??
2nd random lame thought but maybe a sticky for one of the Gates with a list of all the still active custom stock makers???
I wasn’t really looking for a stock, but I can’t remember the Pound or Euro being so reasonable. I’d like to check out a few more options if any. A member reached out from Michigan which is very doable. Crow

I'm of no real help since the only custom stock I have is a laminate thumbhole and while there are a few who like laminate and a rare few who like thumbhole stocks, most want Walnut and tradition style stocks.
I got mine from Craftsman Vit in the Ukraine. He does use wood on the bullpup stocks he also makes so maybe he'd make one in wood? Least he could say is no.

You could try Mike at Airgunstocks. He's pricey but has a thing for handpicked Claro Walnut.

As a heads up, if you see a color you like but it's not listed for the model rifle you want, just email and ask. My HW95 wasn't, so I emailed asking if he could make it in what he calls Ocean Grey Laminate. He emailed back to say it would be his first but yes he could, made mine and the picture on his website is of the stock he made for me to advertise he'll make them in the color...lol.

I might have jumped the gun. I’m thinking it might be a customs problem at the border. I know when I travelled, you were not allowed to bring in wood products over border, period.

I tried ordering one from Custom Stocks in the UK. They don’t ship to Canada, and we’re part of the British Commonwealth. I’m trying to find out from Customs if there’s a problem.
Mate it’s not the British Commonwealth it’s the Commonwealth of Nations. You dodged a bullet on CS Stocks their stocks are just plans Jane Walnut and more agricultural.

Go on line and look up Garry Cane he does some amazing work and would I am sure do one for yo.

There is another chap who goes by the handle of Tileys Gun Stocks both are on the web and active on face book.

You don't strike me as the "cost effective" type, so try Michael McKeown in Cali:

"A gunstock shipped overseas via USPS Express runs around $75 + packaging. Customs duties, broker fees and other taxes associated with shipments to countries outside of the United States are the responsibility of the purchaser." Seems to me like he would ship to Canada from this.