• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Custom Stock:Who do you use?

CS UK, Steve Corcoran and Warren Edwards. I’m very happy with their work. Gary Cane would be another excellent option if time and $ are not important
1f609.svg
. Uj

Spoke with Gary. Seems like a nice chap. Will use him if I can't find a more local option. 

I've sat behind a ton of long guns, and put many shots down range. I'm not sure I can identify a stock style I prefer or one that makes a "difference" with accuracy. To me, the things that matter are not quantifiable like how nicely it shoulders. The only detail I care about is how my eye lines up with the scope.

What are your experiences, and preferences?

I like adjustable combs on my target springers but most of the ones I own can only be adjusted up and down. This requires some re-inleting if more or less cast is required. With careful adjustment and a consistent mount your eye/ocular lens relationship should be spot on. Uj

Thank you. I've always wondered if I'd like an adjustable comb or not. Never used one.

The guy I located does these from the blank with hand tools, so I should have a decent amount of leeway with regards to the stock shape/style.

My eye prefers symmetry so I have a tough time with a cheek piece/comb, but when I shoot my springer that has one, it shoulders just fine and my eye lines up nicely with the scope.

Do you guys have a preference and why? I have only one gun (between springers and firearms) that has a cheek piece/comb and I've never had a problem. With this stock, do you think I should go for my visual preference, or try to improve functionality?