AEA Custom Stock Design and Build For the Zeus.

I started work on developing a new stock for the Zeus. The comb on the OEM stock is very low for just about any scope use so will be addressing that problem along with my idea for style. I am still working on digitally shaping the stock but here is kind of where it is going right now.

Some images from the CAD model that is in works.

Zeus V3 v3 RH 1.png

Zeus V3 v3 ISO 3.png

Zeus V3 v3 ISO 2.png

Zeus V3 v3 Iso 1.jpg

Why? I do not have any data on the Zeus recoil and have not shot mine yet. I am waiting on a piece of AR500 plate to add to my back stop.

If you compare muzzle energy of the Zeus to most center fire cartridges it will be less. Even a typical 5.56 55gt round is producing over 1200fpe.

I have big bores kick, but the impulse speed of the kick is slower than a center fire round

Like getting kicked by a slow mule vs a fast one….they both knock you on your butt, one just happens faster…lol

Why? I do not have any data on the Zeus recoil and have not shot mine yet. I am waiting on a piece of AR500 plate to add to my back stop.

If you compare muzzle energy of the Zeus to most center fire cartridges it will be less. Even a typical 5.56 55gt round is producing over 1200fpe.

I have big bores kick, but the impulse speed of the kick is slower than a center fire round

Like getting kicked by a slow mule vs a fast one….they both knock you on your butt, one just happens faster…lol
Just curious since I've never shot one.
.223 feels like nothing in an AR.
I'd imagine the .72 is pretty heavy so that would slow the recoil a lot.

I have been working on fine tuning the shape, filling in details on the inletting. I added the adjustable cheek riser as suggested. I added the M-Lok rail on the forearm and fine fitted the relief the the QD female foster fitting for attachment of the fill line. The devil is always in the details.

I am about ready to cut this is wood. I need to complete a manufacturing CAD model and create the CNC programs. Again more details...lol

The is a 3D printed prototype. I really love the ergonomics. It feels good in the hands, close my eyes and come down to a cheek weld, open my eyes and the scope is right there where it should be.

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1431.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

IMG_1437.jpg

Just curious since I've never shot one.
.223 feels like nothing in an AR.
I'd imagine the .72 is pretty heavy so that would slow the recoil a lot.
Big bores recoil!!!!! The Zeus is more powerful than my Texan .510 CF TX2....My Texan with 650 grain slugs at 750 fps will scope you if your not prepared.... So if you shoot slugs from 600 to 1000 grains its gonna kick... My 50 Texan pulled the threads outta frame on factory front for end shooting in BOG tripod...Yes slugs over 500 grain seem to bring the recoil....In subsonic big bores all we have is diameter and weight .... So a 223 will recoil less than my 510 Texan even shooting say 460 grain slugs...

Is your 3d printed stock lighter than the wood one? Just curious. The zeus with a polymer stock and carbon bottle would be so much more comfortable I think. It's heavy! Especially the 32".
No it is about one pound heavier than the OEM wood stock. There is a lot more volume in my design VS the OEM stock. I just weighed my action with scope (3-18 x 44x 34mm) it weighs in at 13lbs 10 oz. It is a heavy cannon. Not sure if adding or subtracting a pound from a stock is really going to make much difference. A carbon fiber air tank would probably be a big WIN.

• Wow
Reactions: Ezana4CE