• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Custom Sizing Die for 25 Cal Eun Jins 43gr Pellets in Condor ?

"AirgunBill"I can't get the link to work now. Please see my post and link ajshoots provided me. Bill
Thanks Bill, found the link .. sounds like I'm in for a sizing die ? Think I will go for a general size of .251. It may still be a little hard to fit in a Condor, but not as hard as they are to put in now for sure. they should also work well in my 25 cal Sumatra !

wll2506

Look at NOE. They have a pushthrough sizer( that works with a reloading press that is on sale) and has newly released AirGun Pellet sized bushings.

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=104

.252 to .254 works just fine with my Condor. According to AirForce the Lands on a Condor are .248 and the Groove is .255

Consider this... the head diameter of a JSB MKII Heavy 34 Grain is .25 and the skirt is .26. 

Thurmond

"T3PRanch"Look at NOE. They have a pushthrough sizer( that works with a reloading press that is on sale) and has newly released AirGun Pellet sized bushings.

.252 to .254 works just fine with my Condor. According to AirForce the Lands on a Condor are .248 and the Groove is .255

Consider this... the head diameter of a JSB MKII Heavy 34 Grain is .25 and the skirt is .26. 

Thurmond
You are the man, I will order ... perfect, just what I wanted ... my life is now perfect ;- )

wll2506

"wll2506"
"T3PRanch"Look at NOE. They have a pushthrough sizer( that works with a reloading press that is on sale) and has newly released AirGun Pellet sized bushings.

Thurmond
You are the man, I will order ... perfect, just what I wanted ... my life is now perfect ;- )

wll2506
To answered myself .... I just ordered !

Thank you very, very much !

wll2506

T3PRanch,

I just got .251 and.253 and will go from there. Got these just for the Eun Jin 43gr pellet to make insertion in the barrel just a little easier ... these pellets are quite oversized for the Condor LW barrel as yu know !

I'm hoping for a little gain in velocity as the sizer may eliminate a little friction without sacrificing accuracy..

Let me know what size works for you, and did you see a gain in velocity ?

wll2506

Normally with pellets, sizing to actual groove diameter per barrel as verified by measuring a pellet that has been seated in the bore is best for accuracy. You can get away with undersizing as long as the skirt still seals upon firing. Going too small should show poor accuracy and a velocity drop as air will be blowing around the pellet once the skirt is too small to seal.

The barrel that I shoot eunjin from measures .250" I size to .250" and as large a diameter as eunjin 43's are out of the tin, I gained over 40fps if memory serves correct. LW barrels are oversized for .25 caliber, but you should still see a velocity increase when properly sized.

"ajshoots"Normally with pellets, sizing to actual groove diameter per barrel as verified by measuring a pellet that has been seated in the bore is best for accuracy. You can get away with undersizing as long as the skirt still seals upon firing. Going too small should show poor accuracy and a velocity drop as air will be blowing around the pellet once the skirt is too small to seal.

The barrel that I shoot eunjin from measures .250" I size to .250" and as large a diameter as eunjin 43's are out of the tin, I gained over 40fps if memory serves correct. LW barrels are oversized for .25 caliber, but you should still see a velocity increase when properly sized.
Thanks AJ,

A velocity increase with heavy pellets means a heck of a lot power wise.

Thanks you again.

wll2506

Continued;

Looks like my die is due on Tuesday ... I will probably size a few at work and then go out to the range ;- )

wll2506

Contines:

Look like USPS put their running shoes on and I'll have it today Monday 7-11-16 .. great news

wll2506

Got the sizing dies in and I decided to use the .253 insert for starters... do not have my gun at the office, but every pellet took some pressure to run through the die, and all pellets seemed pretty inconsistent with many of the skirts misshapen, although these pellets do shoot well. (I'm sure the LW choked barrel has a large part to play in that).

I'm hoping that these sized pellets are easier to load ..... if not I will try the .251 insert. I did enough pieces to test velocity and accuracy !

wll2506

UPDATE !
Got home and put one of the sized .253 pellets in the chamber of my Condor ... it went in a lot easier than the non sized, but still had resistance .... I think this will work fine. The very back end of the skirt was easier to push in level with the loading portion of the barrel, before the skirt was stopping the pellet from total finger pressure insertion, now it goes in, but very firmly. !

wll2506

UPDATE 7-14-16
Have a .252 size die coming .. that may be just the ticket, I think it arrives tomorrow. I want the pellet to be a little easier to put in. If the .252 is not smooth as I want I will go down one more notch to .251. These EJ 43's are very, much oversized and are very tight in a Condor bore.

wll2506

CONTINUED 7-17-16
Received the .252 die and EJ heavy pellets seat very nicely yet firmly a great fit.. .... just perfect, waiting till the wind dies down so I can test them.

wll2506

"wll2506"Got the sizing dies in and I decided to use the .253 insert for starters... do not have my gun at the office, but every pellet took some pressure to run through the die, and all pellets seemed pretty inconsistent with many of the skirts misshapen, although these pellets do shoot well. (I'm sure the LW choked barrel has a large part to play in that).

I'm hoping that these sized pellets are easier to load ..... if not I will try the .251 insert. I did enough pieces to test velocity and accuracy !

wll2506

UPDATE !
Got home and put one of the sized .253 pellets in the chamber of my Condor ... it went in a lot easier than the non sized, but still had resistance .... I think this will work fine. The very back end of the skirt was easier to push in level with the loading portion of the barrel, before the skirt was stopping the pellet from total finger pressure insertion, now it goes in, but very firmly. !

wll2506

UPDATE 7-14-16
Have a .252 size die coming .. that may be just the ticket, I think it arrives tomorrow. I want the pellet to be a little easier to put in. If the .252 is not smooth as I want I will go down one more notch to .251. These EJ 43's are very, much oversized and are very tight in a Condor bore.

wll2506

CONTINUED 7-17-16
Received the .252 die and EJ heavy pellets seat very nicely yet firmly a great fit.. .... just perfect, waiting till the wind dies down so I can test them.

wll2506
Well I finally got out today late and was able to shoot the EJ Heavies ... shot them .253 and shot them .252 ... 252 gave the lowest velocity at ~ 825fps, 253 gave me ~865 and unsized gave me ~895fps ... I have decided to size them .254 ... giving me speed and consistency and still able to load without breaking my back !

My Nielsen's slugs were in the 885fps area and consistent. This gun gives me about 50fps slower than my other Condor ... but that's life ! I wonder if the breech seals need changing ?

Could not test for accuracy as my Chrono was blowing off the truck and it was all I could do to be sure my shots went over the sensors.....The wind out here is just horrible ... If I'm out 10 times I might get one day good enough for accuracy testing.

i will probably go out tomorrow after work to see if I luck out for a good day !

wll2506

Reset my O ring .. I'm shooting .254 sized EJH's at ~935+ fps now. Changed to smaller diameter O ring really increased speed, so had to lower PW two turns to keep velocity where I wanted it ... 935 to 950fps ;- )

It is now shooting JSB KH's at ~1000fps and 39gr Slugs at ~950 fps. The slugs have ~50 fpe at 150 yards !!!!! This gun is a monster !

wll2506

After testing today my EJH's sized to .254 are grouping within 7/8" at 60 yards ... for me with a hunting gun, that is great ! Those EJ's are now coming out at ~ 945fps, that's 85fpe at the muzzle (which really doesn't mean much as I have never stuck my barrel in the ear of anything and shot it !) .... but at 65yards it still has 50fpe .... that means something !

I used a BC of .0321 ... I would love a BC testing using a Condor and a LabRadar unit ;- )

wll2506