Custom R9 scope

Very nice scope for an R9. Way better than anything I have on my springers and I have all Japanese glass. Glad we could help.

I detuned all my springers for just under 12ftlbs. They are smooth as glass and a joy to shoot. I can shoot little bug holes all day long with the lower recoil. I gave up chasing the magnum springer game a long time ago. I can take my springers apart with my eyes closed I tried so many springs.

What other scopes would you recommend for springers

I had all those magnums plus the Diana 52 & 54. I can get to shoot them well but it takes a lot of practice and you have to keep the practice up. With a PCP I can not shoot the gun for months and after 5 shots I am back in the saddle. Not so with magnum springers. Anything over 12fps I go with PCP anymore.

I like older well proven scoped documented to hold up to bi-directional recoil or high forward bolt impact like: Weaver V series 4x16 or 6x24 both 40mm. The older Bushnell Elite 3200, 4200, 4500 etc. I like Sightron Big Sky any power. Best Leupolds ever made for springers are the older EFR series 3-9x32 or 6.5-20x40 older the better. These are all Japanese glass and totally proven for magnum springers. Very rugged tracking systems on all of them. No unnecessary bells or whistles. 

I like many of the scopes which were made in the Philippines more than five years ago like the older Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 if you can find one (rather thick crosshairs though). They are 48,52 & 54 proven over and over again. The Burris Timberline is another Philippines made well proven springer scope. Lowest focus in industry well below 10yds. I bought a bunch of both these scopes dirt cheap when they were blowing them out when discontinued. 

Pretty much anything made in Japan by Hakko before they went out of business. They made selected scopes for many brands.

Very nice scope for an R9. Way better than anything I have on my springers and I have all Japanese glass. Glad we could help.

I detuned all my springers for just under 12ftlbs. They are smooth as glass and a joy to shoot. I can shoot little bug holes all day long with the lower recoil. I gave up chasing the magnum springer game a long time ago. I can take my springers apart with my eyes closed I tried so many springs.

What other scopes would you recommend for springers

I had all those magnums plus the Diana 52 & 54. I can get to shoot them well but it takes a lot of practice and you have to keep the practice up. With a PCP I can not shoot the gun for months and after 5 shots I am back in the saddle. Not so with magnum springers. Anything over 12fps I go with PCP anymore.

I like older well proven scoped documented to hold up to bi-directional recoil or high forward bolt impact like: Weaver V series 4x16 or 6x24 both 40mm. The older Bushnell Elite 3200, 4200, 4500 etc. I like Sightron Big Sky any power. Best Leupolds ever made for springers are the older EFR series 3-9x32 or 6.5-20x40 older the better. These are all Japanese glass and totally proven for magnum springers. Very rugged tracking systems on all of them. No unnecessary bells or whistles. 

I like many of the scopes which were made in the Philippines more than five years ago like the older Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 if you can find one (rather thick crosshairs though). They are 48,52 & 54 proven over and over again. The Burris Timberline is another Philippines made well proven springer scope. Lowest focus in industry well below 10yds. I bought a bunch of both these scopes dirt cheap when they were blowing them out when discontinued. 

Pretty much anything made in Japan by Hakko before they went out of business. They made selected scopes for many brands.

Thank you!

I love my Leupold 3-9. Great scope.

I'll keep those suggestions in mind. I truly appreciate them.

I agree, March is the gold standard for sure. I shot my way thru the Leupold's in my early days on the bench shooting center fire. I got my first March and pulled the Leupold's off and sold them. The sight picture is the best clarity, the turrets are repeatable time after time. I shot for 10 years and 3 March scopes on 3 guns I quit the centerfire and went into PCP and one of my March scopes is on my RAW. I have 2 other guns with Hawke Sidewinder and I can 'see' the difference. So, if your budget is ok with March you won't ever look back.

Bill

I agree, March is the gold standard for sure. I shot my way thru the Leupold's in my early days on the bench shooting center fire. I got my first March and pulled the Leupold's off and sold them. The sight picture is the best clarity, the turrets are repeatable time after time. I shot for 10 years and 3 March scopes on 3 guns I quit the centerfire and went into PCP and one of my March scopes is on my RAW. I have 2 other guns with Hawke Sidewinder and I can 'see' the difference. So, if your budget is ok with March you won't ever look back.

Bill

So far, I love the March. I just wish the Parallax dial had markings. It's just a graduated slope with no markings for yardage.

My Sig scope has Parallax markings that are spot on. The March has the below pictured graduated band. There are no markings at all on the March.

16301990365253508785934977599657.1630199087.jpg
16301991043598587555919518656751.1630199151.jpg

OK. Update..

This scope is wonderful. 10X adjustment, and after thousands of rounds can still click away perfectly. The only problem is now that I'm going upstate for some hunting with my buddies, I feel like looking through my other scopes doesn't come close at all to the picture clarity and now it has me wanting to upgrade some of my firearms scopes. I'll be bringing the r9 for some squirrel, but that scope blows away my others (as it should due to price point). I never had a problem with my other scopes until now........