Custom R9 scope

I am a sticker for details and everything has to match:

cz s200 1 3.1627864617.jpg

disco porch 1 3.1627864701.jpg

twin pcp 2.1627864812.jpg

prod 10.1627864934.jpg

......a bit of gold here to match the scope's inscriptions/emblem, or a silver here and there.

Just like a tactical scope on your R9, I think a Leupold with a gold emblem or band would look gaudy on a tactical gun, but that is how my taste works.

Awesome collection!!!

Guess that means I should stick with Leupold...

I just want a no frills (doesn't have to have illuminated reticle, etc) crystal clear scope with decent magnification (say, up to 14x), good customer support that ideally I won't need, springer rated....

And I'd like to try a new scope that I don't have in the stable. I have leopold, Burris, sig, vortex, utg, bushnell. 

Dollar for dollar the clearest might be the sig. I think I picked it up for $125 shipped and it's friggin fantastic. My clearest and brightest is the leupold, but the vortex is right behind it. They eyebox on the leupold is more forgiving...

Every screw that is attached to my guns, be it a set screw, a cap, a countersunk, or a dome has undergone deburring (top to bottom, no BS) and polishing.

For me, everything is about details--and no scratches, dings, nor scuffs (can't stand them, so they get bead-blasted, or reblued, or refinished:

brass 2 2.1627866458.jpg

brass 1 2.1627866492.jpg

blowgun 16 2.1627866574.jpg

When I choose a scope for a gun, I always look at the markings/insignia.

If it has a blue decal akin to the Zeiss, then it will never be paired with a gun that has a green laminate stock, nor with a walnut stock.

The Leica, with it's red symbol, would marry a walnut stock nicely.

Well, most people don't care, but every individual is wired differently, hmm.

Sorry for the OT.

Every screw that is attached to my guns, be it a set screw, a cap, a countersunk, or a dome has undergone deburring (top to bottom, no BS) and polishing.

For me, everything is about details--and no scratches, dings, nor scuffs (can't stand them, so they get bead-blasted, or reblued, or refinished:

brass 2 2.1627866458.jpg

brass 1 2.1627866492.jpg

blowgun 16 2.1627866574.jpg

When I choose a scope for a gun, I always look at the markings/insignia.

If it has a blue decal akin to the Zeiss, then it will never be paired with a gun that has a green laminate stock, nor with a walnut stock.

The Leica, with it's red symbol, would marry a walnut stock nicely.

Well, most people don't care, but every individual is wired differently, hmm.

Sorry for the OT.

Not off topic at all. I'm VERY interested. My brother is wired very much like you....needless to say he repaints his entire house every few years. Inside and out.

So, in all your craziness, tell me the scope for my gun!!

Obviously, the one that comes in your favorite color! (chuckle)

Again... sorry... just can't help myself... (smile)

Lol.

But I DO want continuity. I don't want the scope to feel like a monstrosity, or a second thought. I want it to "flow" with the gun.

More importantly, I want CRYSTAL clear glass. The scope that I have on it right now is serviceable, but somewhat dim and "cloudy" for me and it's just taking away some of the satisfaction of shooting. It's not affecting my ability--unless its dawn or dusk at high magnification--but I want the clearest image I can obtain..and I want it to hold zero and be clickable if I need to..

I have the regular Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AO scopes on both my R9 .20 and HW95 .22. No complaints at all and work just fine for the 30 and sometimes out to 40 yards shooting I do. Your mileage and others may vary (and yep, I've read that a lot) but I've liked them enough I have 9: 2 3-9x40's, 6 4-12x40's and a 3-9x50 30SF IR I use on a PCP.

The R9 and the HW95 with those Airmaxes:

R9-Airmax 2.1627916473.jpg

HW95-CV stock 2.1627916506.jpg

I have the regular Hawke Airmax 4-12x40 AO scopes on both my R9 .20 and HW95 .22. No complaints at all and work just fine for the 30 and sometimes out to 40 yards shooting I do. Your mileage and others may vary (and yep, I've read that a lot) but I've liked them enough I have 9: 2 3-9x40's, 6 4-12x40's and a 3-9x50 30SF IR I use on a PCP.

The R9 and the HW95 with those Airmaxes:

R9-Airmax 2.1627916473.jpg

HW95-CV stock 2.1627916506.jpg

And thank you for the great advice and PM

Perhaps this: March Compact 2.5-25x42 MTR-1 Reticle 1/4MOA Riflescope D25V42M ( Wouldn't want anything larger than 42mm or longer than 13" and more than 21oz on that R9 dovetail. Anything larger would look goofy on the R9 and inhibit your cocking not to mention ruin the balance of the gun. You could put this scope on literally any gun if you wanted something different at some point for the R9. 

​​Scope Weight:21.87oz

• Scope Length:12.36"
  • Magnification Range:2.5x - 25x
  • Scope Objective Diameter:42mm
  • Scope Tube Size / Mount:30mm
  • Turret Adjustment (Click Value):1/4MOA
  • Elevation Turret Details:100MOA
  • Windage Turret Details:100MOA
  • Parallax Adjustment:Side focus 10yds - infinity
  • Reticle Position:Second Focal Plane
  • Reticle Details:MTR-1 Reticle
  • Field of View:42 - 4.2ft at 100yds
  • Exit Pupil:1.68mm
  • Eye Relief:Low: 3.35-3.94in
    High: 3.5-3.78in
  • Illuminated Reticle:No
  • march-mtr-1-reticle.jpg

Thank you. Picked up the March 2.5-25 with the MTR3 Reticle. Thank you for your help. 

There were foam supports and bubble wrap as well. It was packaged very nicely. In fact, my wife asked me how much it cost, and when I asked her why she was asking, she said the packaging was alot nicer than most of my previous purchases! Lol

Edit...and thank you for the congrats. Hopefully it holds up...I think it will because it's detuned to 12 fpe.

Very nice scope for an R9. Way better than anything I have on my springers and I have all Japanese glass. Glad we could help.

I detuned all my springers for just under 12ftlbs. They are smooth as glass and a joy to shoot. I can shoot little bug holes all day long with the lower recoil. I gave up chasing the magnum springer game a long time ago. I can take my springers apart with my eyes closed I tried so many springs.

Very nice scope for an R9. Way better than anything I have on my springers and I have all Japanese glass. Glad we could help.

I detuned all my springers for just under 12ftlbs. They are smooth as glass and a joy to shoot. I can shoot little bug holes all day long with the lower recoil. I gave up chasing the magnum springer game a long time ago. I can take my springers apart with my eyes closed I tried so many springs.

Thank you again! You brought this scope to mind for me. I hope it holds up on a springer. I bet it will due to its construction and the low power on this r9.

This is my first 12 FPE gun, and it is a tack driver. However, my asp20 is just as accurate, and my Diana 48 not too far behind. The sig has over 20fpe and the Diana 48 is around 18ish.

I think the more I shoot this gun, the more it'll pull ahead of the sig asp20 and Diana 48. The biggest reason is the trigger. This trigger on the r9 is fantastic, and the sig is a strong good. Once I master this r9, I bet it'll be the best gun in the stable (but my hw97k is one hellava shooter).

Eventually I'll have to post some targets. It's zeroed in, and 25X zoom is fantastic! Thanks again!

What other scopes would you recommend for springers?