Custom Curly Maple Grips for my Colt 1911

Hello everyone,

I have a friend that is very skilled at wood working and making beautiful wood grips / handles for various pistols. He was kind enough to make two sets of custom grips for my brand new Colt 1911 Special Combat edition.....it’s a licensed by Colt replica CO2 BB pistol. The pistol came with plastic grips and did not feel or look correct so I asked Jason if he would make a set for me. The photos just do not do justice to the fit and finish and the coloring of the wood which is Curly Maple. The wood itself is almost holographic and changes colors, adds lines and markings as it is turned in different positions. The pistol is all metal and weights over 2 pounds and with these new grips feels exactly like the real thing.

If any of you need a pair of custom made grips you can contact Jason at [email protected] or brangers.weebly.com

Have a great day,
ThomasT
Colt Grips-200.jpg
Colt Grips-201.jpg
Colt Grips-207.jpg
Colt Grips-214.jpg

Looks good.
Are the panels thicker than factory panels ? They appear a little thick in the photos.

I like a little thicker, overall grip myself.

Mike
Hello Mike,
Yes they are a little bit thicker, the original factory grips are .2305" thick and the Maple are .3025" thick. And I agree with you about the overall feel in your hand. This gun weights over 2-pounds so it is not a light weight and these new grips "balance" out the weight.

ThomasT

Your 1911 BB pistol is as gorgeous as any 1911, TT! Good show, Bud.

Years ago I purchased a used (but mint) .177 pellet Walther CP88 "Competition" REVOLVER simply because she looks so good with (factory) walnut grips in nickel. Pretty accurate except the sights tend to be(come) virtually useless in anything other than certain lighting. Great ratter inside my big (steel) shop building.
CP88.JPG

Yes, it IS a single/double-action revolver! 😳🤯

Your 1911 BB pistol is as gorgeous as any 1911, TT! Good show, Bud.

Years ago I purchased a used (but mint) .177 pellet Walther CP88 "Competition" REVOLVER simply because she looks so good with (factory) walnut grips in nickel. Pretty accurate except the sights tend to be(come) virtually useless in anything other than certain lighting. Great ratter inside my big (steel) shop building.
View attachment 274077

Yes, it IS a single/double-action revolver! 😳🤯
I bought the CP88 about 6 weeks ago. I liked it so much I found a nickel competition like yours with black grips from Mundilar last weekend. Took me awhile but I found the walnut grips in the UK which should arrive about the same time.

I bought the CP88 about 6 weeks ago. I liked it so much I found a nickel competition like yours with black grips from Mundilar last weekend. Took me awhile but I found the walnut grips in the UK which should arrive about the same time.
Lucky find wgd . These CP grips are difficult to find anywhere . Can I ask where did you get your set from ?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
very rude of me .....not forgettin , a big thumbs up to Thomas T and that Jason for some magnificent 1911 grips .
Hello @Snap-Shot

Yes got them from Jason and I have one extra set that I would let you have if Jason does not have any left in stock.

ThomasT