• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Custom Case Build

My local box store had Plano All Weather 42" Gun Cases marked down and I couldn't resist getting one. The only issue I really had, with the case, was the Pick-N-Pluck foam is to soft and does not fit well. My solution was to build a custom foam insert for the rifle.

​Here I'm laying out the orientation of the rifle on some 2" Solid Charcoal Firm Foam online and cut it to fit the case with a dual blade electric knife.

I traced the rifle pattern with blue chalk on the back side of the foam and cut a small hole to thread my hot wire through. The initial cutout is on the small side. My main goal here was to concentrate on getting a good fit for the lower half of the rifle. Please know that I'm in my garage with the door fully open and a fan blowing on the work piece to help vent any nasty burning foam fumes.

​The initial cut having been made, I test fit the gun in the foam in the case. The foam outside of the case has a much looser fit. The lower half fits well and I remark the top half with pink chalk.

Back to the wire cutter to finish cutting the upper half out.

​One last fitting.

​Here is the finished insert. The suppressor has a half height piece of foam under it to keep it centered in the foam.
I'm pretty darn happy with the results. 

All I need now is to track down a Daystate sticker for the outside of the case. If anyone knows where I can get one let me know.
​Looking forward to your comments and suggestions,