Custom 2-piece Impact bipod

I love shooting my Impact but the design of it and any sort of normal bipod don't make shooting from a bench or table very convenient. So, I decided to solve the problem. I ordered two lever throw picatinney rail mounts and a Chinese close of an Atlas M-lok mount 2-piece bipod.

qj1X0BT.jpg
[/url][/img]

I machined off the pieced that didn't go together and tried to use some aluminum "welding" wire I bought off the internet but it didn't work.

Vmj3vug.jpg
[/url][/img]

oLvFoIh.jpg
[/url][/img]

RxZXk5Y.jpg
[/url][/img]

KMCy0OM.jpg
[/url][/img]

t3eQbV6.jpg
[/url][/img]

s8VivuZ.jpg
[/url][/img]

So, I took the small pieces to a local welding show, where they used a wire feed MIG welder to totally mangle the pieces. I was not pleased with their work and ended up using a flat file and JB weld to fill in the holes then sand them smooth again.

nDQxsVk.jpg
[/url][/img]

I stripped the bipod down, Cerakote'd the mounts flat black and sand blasted the lower legs, cleaned everything and put it all back together. 

3hCeZsK.jpg
[/url][/img]

I think they turned out very well and are very functional. They fold up out of the way of your hand on the air bottle and they fold forward and are very stable and lower than a bottom mount bipod.

MYUKAvp.jpg
[/url][/img]

jfUhf9P.jpg
[/url][/img]

9y0jFvE.jpg
[/url][/img]

ze772Vt.jpg
[/url][/img]

Pretty involved project. It turned out really nice and looks super cool too!

Just curious, what is it about the normal bipod placement that you don’t like? Are the legs in the way when they’re folded up and you’re shooting or is it that you don’t like their down position when shooting from a bench? Like I said, just curious.

Super job! Have a great weekend!

Stoti