Curious about the initial “one gun only”

I do like the no shelf queen policy - I adhere to that one as well. I don't by anything to just stare at it and clean it when it collects dust.

What’s wrong with staring at it while it collects dust? Kidding.....

...no I’m not, lol. I do like to have my guns all clean and glimmering, while it hangs in a wall, all filled with pressure to the max, and magazines all loaded. When the shooting table gets pulled out, out comes all the gear and each gun gets its time in for a sight in check, along with messing with reactive targets.

Bigragu - I have no issues with those who collect to admire. I have other hobbies that fit that criteria though - I get it. :)

I was just messing with you, lol. You gotta admit though, for the dollars some of these cost, it doesn’t hurt to polish them up and just stare at them once in awhile. I have a bad habit of reflecting on all the hard hours at work it took to save up for some of these.

Well this is my first post here (or on any forum).. And I have to say that One Gun can't possibly exist in this life.. As someone previously said, They had a safe full of unshot powder burners. Me too. Cost, time to travel, Range Fees, RANGE CLOSINGS! NYS BS requirements and on and on make it a chore to go out and shoot your centerfires or rimfires.

So I looked and looked and finally found a very nice Hatsan Gladius with some extras that was in my price range.. Then I figured that at my age (69) I REALLY don't want to spend an hour pumping up air cylinders.. SO what else? I had to buy a compressor. I got the OMEGA TRAILCHARGER which so far has been a real joy to own and use. 4 1/2 minutes to Charge to 200 Bar from 80 bar. Yes, perfect for me.

But the Gladius is one heavy gun. 10Plus pounds naked. Add a scope (UTG 6-24x56) Atlas Bipod and Donny FL Sumo Moderator and now you're looking at probably 13 plus pounds. I have a lovely lady friend who wants to shoot so as a gentleman, I couldn't in good faith let her manhandle such a heavy gun. Shooting is supposed to be FUN! So I placed my order for a Diana Skyhawk Laminate.. Good Looking, .25 cal so we can use the same tin of pellets (How Romantic!) and with my smaller UTG scope, I can kit the gun out for hardly any money at all.. (Until I add all the :"Necessary Accessories" that I KNOW I'm going to "need".

Well, it's cheaper than Therapy...

Thanks for a nice forum

I wanna divert from my tread here, and ask this question, also. Sorta related:

How many of you bought a gun with all the bells and whistles adjustments such as power tune adjustments on the fly, caliber swap outs on the fly, tool less hammer spring adjustments, etc., only to later on become a set it and forget it gun, and later on purchased another gun for other duties? 

Example- a 30 caliber gun with power for the long range targets and to patrol game the size of beaver or raccoon, which was capable of tuning and breaking down into a 177 cal for indoor permission hunts, but later on decided to keep it at the 30 and bought another gun in 177 or 22 for the mice, rats, and pigeons that are inside a tin building farm house?

I'm guilty here. I had planned on doing multilpe barrel tunes and swaps with the Impact, as this was why I got it (as a one gun purchase). But after power-tuning the Impact for .30 caliber I have left it alone. And, as stated earlier on this thread, I got a big bore Slayer to overcome the "short comings" on the Impact's magazine and breech area for shooting longer slugs.

I'm only getting 1.....more

LOL 😄 That would fit me as well. 

To be honest I thought one High end pcp would be enough for me and it was for 3 weeks and then all downhill from there haha. I failed to keep my initial thought's as well 😅.

I am very pleased with my change of (opinion or way of thinking) hahaha.

I admit I cannot have just one. It just does not work for Me !! 😉