• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Curiosity question about carbon fiber tubes

Best way I have found to cut them and make it look nice is with a Dremel and a cut off wheel. I spin mine on a mini lathe when I do this. If you don.t have a lathe you can rig something up and use a drill. Make sure you wear a dust mask The CF is really nasty on the lungs.

I have used Delrin or aluminum bushings to align the barrel and usually carbon fiber shroud.

I've actually lost count of how many metres of carbon fibre tube I have bought for this purpose been doing carbon fibre shrouds for years. It depends on the equipment that you have got if you haven't got a lathe to cut it on it can be very difficult to get square when cutting the carbon fibre tube to the length I generally use a grinding cut off wheel then finish with a carbide tool and then sanded the edges smooth with 320 sandpaper. Be very cancel splinters from carbon fibre can be a right pain and the dust produced when Cutting can be very toxic and harmful always wear a mask. If you have to do it by hand I would suggest using a Dremel and a square with a cut off wheel. If you could let me know your particular application I might be able to give you additional advice. Richard Pope.