Culling Chickens with an Air Rifle

...how does that scope do at night...???...

...I almost bought one for an Air Force Escape...

Very well so far. I've only had the scope a couple of weeks, but so far I love it. 

I find the built in range finder and ballistics calculator surprisingly accurate. The trick is to game the range finder. Something is wrong with its algorithm so that when your target is 3 feet tall, you have to tell the scope the target is actually 1.6 feet tall. Then it will calculate the range accurately (it works by measuring the height of your target). I use 3 feet as my gold standard because that's the average height of a Florida whitetail at the shoulder. I can measure the deer's height in the scope and it will give me a reasonable estimate as to range. I wouldn't trust it past 150 or so but its very trustworthy to 100 for sure. When you measure the deer's height it estimates the range then moves the reticle accordingly based upon the ballistics data you've programed in. I currently have the scope on my .308 Texan SS shooting a 97 grain NOE bullet (identical to NSA's 99 grain .308) at an average of 935fps for 5 shots and that's what I got the data dialed in for. 

I wish I had owned a setup like yours about 6 years ago. My ex raised chickens, and the hens got too smart for her and starting laying in the cattails by the creek on our property. We were overrun with roosters, and all I had at the time was a cheap Kmart break barrel with an even worse scope. I did my best, but I could never keep up with their rate of reproduction. I live in the suburbs now, and my daughter and I love getting to sleep through the night without those damned things constantly crowing. 

Good shooting, and thanks for letting me take out some pent up hatred of roosters, even if it was vicariously.