• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

CSX2 Compressor

Just a warning. Bought a CSX2 compressor to use when the Akela was to arrive. The Akela was misshipped and it took month or so to finally get one. Meanwhile the CSX2 was in the garage waiting to hopefully fill the Akela when it finally arrived.

Which it did. So I went to fill the Akela and no luck. Sent an email to CSX2 on 3/24 and I received this email:

sorry for this. You mean the quick connector is OK to connect with your airgun. But the pump can not pump air, right?

We will surely solve your trouble . if not, full refund or replacement.

Can you help to take a video to show the present problem? And send video to us by wetransfer.com.

Attached is a steps reference.

Thanks

jason

After a dozen or so emails in which they asked that I check and video the compressor in action (the burst disk was burst) I no longer receive replies. Last email from Jason was 3/31.

The last wetransfer I sent per their request was not downloaded. This was the last wetransfer email:

So I'll be out over $300 bucks for this thing as the compressor was no longer in the refund time period at Amazon due to the misshipment of the Akela.

Big kudos to Crosman though, once I got into trying to fill the Akela and the pump wouldn't work and I began to wonder if it was the pump or the gun. Crosman took the Akela back and issued a full refund. It may be that the Akela would work fine.

So my excitement over actually getting an air gun has waned. I'm not sure when or if I'll try to get into the air gun sport. I don't really want to spend money on a tank and another PCP, especially without a secure source of air for the tank.

So this is just a story for those thinking of getting a CSX2 to realize the CSX2 compressor folks may talk the talk but they don't walk the walk.

Quick edit - I sent a link to Jason so he can reply.

Your pump came with spare parts. Easy to install a new burst disc. Airgun hobby is not for everyone. Hope you can overcome the very small obstacle.

I did replace the burst disc. It didn't make a difference. The pump still wouldn't fill the Akela.

CSX2 ignored my emails and complaints on Amazon until finally I emailed them again and said my next step was to contact my attorney general. Which finally got a response and my refund. Plus a "threat" at the end of the email.

Hi

If we ignored the email. we feel sorry. You can contact with us via Amazon order email systems will be more effective. We won't miss any email on Amazon email.

We have refunded for you. Pls check later. Pls note again we never won't honor our warranty. Amazon won't allow this. 

From so many reviews, you should understand this.

Hope you don't convey inaccurate information to consumers. It is illegal.

Hope understand.

Thanks