Crows invade Walmart Parking Lot

Here's the full link: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6764193/Right-horror-movie-Crows-invade-Walmart-parking-lot-shoppers-watch-amazement.html 

Where I grew up in Central NY, we would see wayyy more birds than that.. 
To this day, my aunt has some sort of insane phobia of them - after watching "The Birds" as a kid.. 
Our city would have to use something like fire crackers to try to 'scare' them off, but, I doubt it worked.. 
They usually just scatter for a bit, and return a bit more spread out..

I invested in a bunch of bottle-rockets years back..
When birds get too populated too close to where I live [and start to drive me nuts]
I'd have fun launching fireworks at em'. haha [Alternative to shooting them / living in the city] 

😃👍 

Sam -

I recorded the NBC's Today Show this morning. I'll watch it when I get home tonight and see if they ran that story and said they were crows.. My guess is they don't care and don't know the difference.. "Crows" will "headline" better than grackels.. 

In my view they would look pretty stupid retracting / correcting their mistake.. Maybe they will have to.... 
1551990527_709491095c817effd394a9.75275972_IMG-20110626-00025.jpg

They are definitely Grackles (greater grackle). They congregate in town at night and for some reason like our Walmart too and a few other hot spots. The trees surrounding the parking lot are absolutely packed in the evenings and night. The ground underneath the trees is covered in crap, jut like it had been white washed. During the day they head back out to the country, especially to the dairies and then again in the evenings head back by the 10's of thousands without exaggerating any. Very noisy as well in that large of flocks. Here's the kicker.... they are protected by the state of NM. I think they should be classified just as the Collared Eurasians. The grackles are also bad about nest robbing and eating the young of other species.

JK