Tuning Crowning the FX liners?

Just asking, before I put the tools aside.

I just finished crowning four barrels for my Leshiy2 (.22x350 and .22x500 and .25x350 and .25x500), greasy nails, beer is cold, I can keep going ;)

For my Impact I have two .25 liners the STX-A and Superior Heavy.

Today at the end of my gun range time I noticed the SH liner - is - ready for cleaning. Usually I wash with Balistol and wax with carnauba (for black cars :) ) and if I could recall I let the patch exit the other end as well. My impression was that for FX liners really doesn't matter because these are not a cut-in but pressed rifling so a crowning is not playing much in a game.

Am I missing it somewhere?

Call me crazy, all my liners get 400grit - 1200 grit lapping polish and then flitx polish. I have found some FX Liners nasty as in pushing a pellet/slug would leave gouges out of the projectile instead of having smooth rifling I believe it has to do with their special process. However the difference has been night and day as well as also making sure the liners are straight before gluing a carbon fiber sleeve on them

...liners get 400grit - 1200 grit lapping polish and then flitx polish. ....before gluing a carbon fiber sleeve on them

Are you talking about breach and muzzle front facing polishing, or polishing the crown?

I have four grits of paste (from very past I worked in a machine shop) I don't know the grit #s but used a course (red colour) and a second after (green colour) also a filtz with forth (yellow).

I have the CF sleeve mounted but I didn't glue it, I wrap the liner in a single layer without overlapping with a white (thinnest) Teflon tape and just push it in the sleeve, the pressure was medium up to half length and then increased to moderate.

With or without a sleeve I cannot call an improvement @ 100.

I use a product called "Goodson lapping compound" start with 400 and work my way up to 1200 then polish with flitx. Fx rifling is pretty rough I feel for Slugs since it's choked. I get .297 on my breach end so I size my Slugs to .298 with NOE sizer and Lee hand press love it for on the go or sitting in front of the computer.

I take the liner out and run patches and a straight .250 mandrel that's plastic for about 2-3 hours I'll run with a drill back N forth.

Then polish the crown for good measure but with all the strippers and a moderator on not sure if benifits.

I have been thinking about moderator crown though and the mod body itself inside 

When I get a liner first thing is run a few pellets and Slugs through it by hand and feel and look @ what shape the riflinging is as well as borescope It. Most are rough of course as they are not broken in, unfortunately I don't have the time to run a tin a what ever down my liner to smooth out any rough spots. So I prefer to łap - polish by hand/drill sh$t sometimes run some 2000 wet/dry paper down a liner what ever it takes for smooth pellet/slug push through.

I have a Wildcat mk1 with so many pellets through it by the first owner and I know I have put over 150 tins through it. If you run a pellet through its perfect, yes I know it has first Gen barrel and like 2 inches of rifling but you can still feel it and see it in group size and repeatability.

Sorry to hijack the thread! 

I did a crowning earlier this month on .25 Superior Heavy but have not test it yet.

I wanted to finish tunning the .22 JSB RD's first, but struggling with my .22 Leshiy2 400mm barrel, doesn't want to group well, really pissing invested into 20 tins and I don't want to "head sorting" now couple thousand pellets.

Next range time I will take out the Impact for testing.

Number of barrels I’ve recrowned and accuracy improved? Dozens

Number of barrels I’ve recrowned and accuracy was indistinguishable from before? Dozens

Number of barrels I’ve recrowned and accuracy got worse? Zero

No one can know in advance how much influence a subtle defect is having. The only way to know is to try. And if you know what you’re doing, you will not make it worse. Only either better or no change. 

Stupid weather spikes, it was raining today and cold, I could not go to my range.

Btw the weather....last Monday I was still wearing the almost winter jacket, for Thursday (and for the entire incoming-last weekend) I turned ON the AC could not live in the house and even worst outside, today morning back to that jacket.

Isn't this strange? I don't remember these spikes earlier.

Also, my walnut and pear threes started blooming, and...I don't see where are the bees?

This was my FX liner. A is recrowned. Took off 2.5mm of the end. B is before, straight from factory. Every liner I’ve had has this same issue where the end doesn’t touch the projectile For the last 2-3mm.

IMG_6307.jpeg