Crown VP

Does anyone know if you can put a VP bottle Valve in a carbon bottle? I got a Crown with the metal bottle and I have a 700cc carbon bottle to replace it with but I need a valve. Can I take the valve out of the metal bottle and put it in the carbon one?
The short answer is YES. I have done it twice.

However… sometimes the valves are not identical and may need an additional bushing (or to have the bushing removed) to ensure that the newly valves bottle will fit the rifle in question. For example, I recently purchased a Wildcat MK III BT VP. I then took a 480cc CF bottle off an old Dreamline Tactical and tried to put it on the Wildcat. It immediately started leaking once it was screwed in past a certain point. No matter how tightly I put it on it would not seal. Next, I degassed both the CF bottle and the Wildcat VP aluminum bottle, removed the valve from the aluminum bottle to put it on the CF one. However… the VP bottle had an additional bushing which was NOT on the CF bottle. Bottom line, the CF bottle worked fine with the valve from the aluminum one - without the bushing.

Reactions: Ryles
The short answer is YES. I have done it twice.

However… sometimes the valves are not identical and may need an additional bushing (or to have the bushing removed) to ensure that the newly valves bottle will fit the rifle in question. For example, I recently purchased a Wildcat MK III BT VP. I then took a 480cc CF bottle off an old Dreamline Tactical and tried to put it on the Wildcat. It immediately started leaking once it was screwed in past a certain point. No matter how tightly I put it on it would not seal. Next, I degassed both the CF bottle and the Wildcat VP aluminum bottle, removed the valve from the aluminum bottle to put it on the CF one. However… the VP bottle had an additional bushing which was NOT on the CF bottle. Bottom line, the CF bottle worked fine with the valve from the aluminum one - without the bushing.
Good to know, this is exactly what I was looking for thanks for the information!

Reactions: ChRiSiS