• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Crown reg max pressure

I have the same but a mk1. Not sure what your hammer weighs, and can't recall what mine does. I added 7gms of weight to mine and it does over 900fps with pellets @145 bar. Never tried slugs but I reckon they would be a touch slower. Yours should do that at 135 bar no problem I think if your hammer tension is tuned right... maybe even less reg pressure

The 160 bar figure comes from the manual:

Quote:
"NOTICE – NEVER adjust the regulator above 160 BAR as damage to the system may occur and will void your warranty!"

If you exceed the spring rate of the Belleville washers on the regulator piston and they squeeze flat, the regulator will go into bypass and feed the reservoir pressure directly to the valve. There's no reason to expect it to damage anything but the gun may not fire as a result of valve lock.

If you run out of adjustment, it will be necessary to either use thicker Bellevilles, or nest them in larger numbers. For example, rather than a 2P 5S (( )) (( )) ((, instead a 3P 4S ((( ))) ((( )))

When I received the gun I filled it to 250 bar and the reg was set at 190. I reduced it to 150 bar.I shot it a few times to find that # 15 give the best speed of 850. I increased the reg pressure a little at a time while shooting every 5 bar increase a few shots. At 175bar I shot a 20 shot string. Hi 900 fps lo 888fps spread of 12 fps std of3.9. I stopped there. I am sure if I had more hybrids I could have got six more shots in to make two mag string before dropping to the reg pressure setting. I believe my reg gauge is reading 20 bar high...

• Wow
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
When I received the gun I filled it to 250 bar and the reg was set at 190. I reduced it to 150 bar.I shot it a few times to find that # 15 give the best speed of 850. I increased the reg pressure a little at a time while shooting every 5 bar increase a few shots. At 175bar I shot a 20 shot string. Hi 900 fps lo 888fps spread of 12 fps std of3.9. I stopped there. I am sure if I had more hybrids I could have got six more shots in to make two mag string before dropping to the reg pressure setting. I believe my reg gauge is reading 20 bar high...
Yeah... my guages dont instill a lot of trust. Check youtube on hammer adjustment. Tune the hammer some and see where you're at with it. Than go back to the reg. Try around 135 bar

Reactions: bbbrownbommer
Yeah... my guages dont instill a lot of trust. Check youtube on hammer adjustment. Tune the hammer some and see where you're at with it. Than go back to the reg. Try around 135 bar
Well I adjusted my hammer spring so I have full range of movement.. I started retuning at 135 bar and ended up at 165 bar reaching my target speed. I shot two mags 26 shots with hybrids 44.5 grains. Got a hi of 891 fps and a low of 854 fps avg 877fps. Fpe averaged 75

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I'd say at this point, add a bit of hammer weight, and you should pick up a lot of power. I know my mk1 has a smaller plenum. I know the mk2 also has a larger valve which is theoretically harder to open. I don't know what the hammer weight is. But I do know I was able to get 85fpe with 7gm of added hammer weight @ around 145 bar

I guess I did massage my ports slightly as well. That helps some.

DSCF5951_edited.1628614108.jpg
DSCF5953_edited.1628614103.jpg