Crown MK11 GRS

Been thinking about getting one of these, anyone have experience with them, good or bad...

Whats the sweet spot caliber for this gun, can it handle 30cal..? Whats the best LDC for it, don't need mouse fart quite, but it would be nice. How loud are they with no ldc..? Is it as accurate as other FX..? Will 22 do slugs as it comes or will it need a slug barrel.?

Its going to do a little of everything, mostly pesting/hunting.

GRS.1607695694.jpg

Don’t know if the info will help as I have a MKI or Version 1. 

Whats the sweet spot caliber for this gun, can it handle 30cal..? The nice thing about the Crown is it’s tune ability but it takes work on the user side, will add a link below. The new MKII has more plenum space so it should be able to handle the .30 cal even better. 

Whats the best LDC for it, don't need mouse fart quite, but it would be nice. How loud are they with no ldc..? My Crown was very quiet from the factory but I did get an Air-fective carbon shroud with Python silencer it is indeed mouse fart quiet I’d wait until you have it and decide if you need or want an LDC. Plenty of good ones out there

Is it as accurate as other FX..? In my opinion yes. The Crown is an Impact in dress cloths, you may need to spend time tuning, depending on what you choose to shoot. 

Will 22 do slugs as it comes or will it need a slug barrel.?  If it does not come with a slug barrel you will need to purchase one for about $100

https://youtu.be/xxrDZmB5egU

A936F3D7-4DFE-4827-8AA2-47ED5B5D3BC1.1607700029.jpeg

Good luck

The new Crown comes with a superior liner. Which is basically meant for shooting pellets and slugs well. If you want to shoot heavy slugs, get a superior heavy liner.

Honestly, the gun should shoot any caliber well. I'm partial to .22, but this would do excellent in 25 or 30 as well. 

My favorite moderator is an fx one that is modified, not exactly off the shelf. So, I'd recommend this one instead. https://www.silentthunderordnance.com/air/falx

That GRS stock is pretty heavy, so keep that in mind if you will be shooting unrested.

I have a MK1, the valving in it is perfect for .22 and the plenum is plenty adequate for what I use it for, so, I have no desire to upgrade.

DSCF5471_edited.1607701310.jpg

The new Crown comes with a superior liner. Which is basically meant for shooting pellets and slugs well. If you want to shoot heavy slugs, get a superior heavy liner.

Honestly, the gun should shoot any caliber well. I'm partial to .22, but this would do excellent in 25 or 30 as well. So, I'd recommend this one instead. https://www.silentthunderordnance.com/air/falx

That GRS stock is pretty heavy, so keep that in mind if you will be shooting unrested.

I have a MK1, the valving in it is perfect for .22 and the plenum is plenty adequate for what I use it for, so, I have no desire to upgrade.

Yep agree with .22. I’m considering this as an upgrade for mine

https://youtu.be/5STYHi1vPBE

Nice Crown.

Didn't realize the GRS wasn't the same 6.2lbs as the others. Just looked, its 9.6lbs.

Love the GRS full size rife's contoured finger grooved pistol grip, adjustable butt plate, and tri post cheek riser. The one I tried made for a perfect easy eybox acquisition and comfortable hold, seems it would probably help quick off hand accuracy. But that weight is something to consider. Thanks for pointing that out...

Don’t know if the info will help as I have a MKI or Version 1. 

Whats the sweet spot caliber for this gun, can it handle 30cal..? The nice thing about the Crown is it’s tune ability but it takes work on the user side, will add a link below. The new MKII has more plenum space so it should be able to handle the .30 cal even better. 

Whats the best LDC for it, don't need mouse fart quite, but it would be nice. How loud are they with no ldc..? My Crown was very quiet from the factory but I did get an Air-fective carbon shroud with Python silencer it is indeed mouse fart quiet I’d wait until you have it and decide if you need or want an LDC. Plenty of good ones out there

Is it as accurate as other FX..? In my opinion yes. The Crown is an Impact in dress cloths, you may need to spend time tuning, depending on what you choose to shoot. 

Will 22 do slugs as it comes or will it need a slug barrel.?  If it does not come with a slug barrel you will need to purchase one for about $100

https://youtu.be/xxrDZmB5egU

A936F3D7-4DFE-4827-8AA2-47ED5B5D3BC1.1607700029.jpeg

Good luck

Good info, thanks...

Nice Crown.

Didn't realize the GRS wasn't the same 6.2lbs as the others. Just looked, its 9.6lbs.

Love the GRS full size rife's contoured finger grooved pistol grip, adjustable butt plate, and tri post cheek riser. The one I tried made for a perfect easy eybox acquisition and comfortable hold, seems it would probably help quick off hand accuracy. But that weight is something to consider. Thanks for pointing that out...

Thanks. Yep, All that hardware I guess really adds up. I've got a synthetic stock, and the walnut. I found the walnut balanced my gun out what feels to be almost perfectly for me. I do hunt without a rest, so balance and weight are king. Not too heavy, not too light. I havn't felt a need for an adjustable cheek piece. And length of pull is ideal. Also, the standard grip is super comfortable.

If I did a lot of bench or rested shooting, the GRS would be the ticket for sure.

The Crown is definitely a good shooter no matter which stock you have, as said above. My current one with the Saber Tactical stock is shooting as good and mostly better than any rifle I’ve had yet, so I’m super excited. I was happy to see the extra stock options to help fit to your style. If the GRS, is your style, I say go for it!

Mine with the Saber...
45CB59B2-E52F-4961-B6D3-6AF2BB96B78B.1607724033.jpeg

The Crown is definitely a good shooter no matter which stock you have, as said above. My current one with the Saber Tactical stock is shooting as good and mostly better than any rifle I’ve had yet, so I’m super excited. I was happy to see the extra stock options to help fit to your style. If the GRS, is your style, I say go for it!

Mine with the Saber...
45CB59B2-E52F-4961-B6D3-6AF2BB96B78B.1607724033.jpeg

Saber Tactical envy