Crown Cleaning

Since I was switching from .25 to .177 on the Crown. I figured I would give the .25 a good cleaning. This would be the second barrel cleaning after 1000 rounds. I took the shroud off and pulled the liner out of the barrel tube. The inside of the shroud and the air diverter on the end of the barrel tube were filthy. Even after soaking with Ballistal I still had to scrape lead off the diverter. There was lead residue in the shroud tube also. Now the barrel tube was dirty I assume from the factory since it is essentially sealed. I used Ballistal on everything since it should not harm the orings. I then did a final cleaning of the barrel with AOA barrel cleaner to remove oil residue. Exposed orings were greased with a little silicone.

This will become part of my regular cleaning routine since it is so easy to take everything apart.

archerhmr The first time I cleaned my mrod & synrod I pulled the tube off with the baffels what a filthy mess. Had a hell of a time to clean the tube & plastic strippers with ballistal. IF I remember right even tried acetone its hard to get that lead dust off of the parts. If someone else has a better solution please chime in. Darell 

t